• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Editor question....
10-03-2009, 02:00 AM,
RE: Scenario Editor question....
Jolly Roger Wrote:Hi Tim.

Please check:
where your settings for weather, scenario length etc.. ok before you saved the scenario ?
Have you saved the troop file before saving the new sceanrio ?

Cheers, Klaus

The scenario was fully functional and I played it through last night with no problems other than the issue with assigning command control that got me started on this thread. It was 12 turns, 20 hex visibility, etc. It played all 12 turns with no problems. I had been able to open and edit the scenario file before.

I rebooted the machine and restarted the scenario editor but it's completely dead now. Won't open any file of any kind.

Best, Tim
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2009, 03:10 AM,
Hi Tim.

I´d recommend to reinstall the game.

My version of the editor runs fine.

Cheers, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
10-03-2009, 03:15 AM,
Hi Tim,

maybe you´d like to take me on for a battle of Gallic Wars.

I prefer to play battles from the "Slaves War".

Preferences are:
- me on Slaves side
- command control on
- point loss for routing units on
- fog of war ON ( not extreme fog of war )

Regards, Klaus
10-03-2009, 03:22 AM,
Jolly Roger Wrote:Hi Tim,

maybe you´d like to take me on for a battle of Gallic Wars.

I prefer to play battles from the "Slaves War".

Preferences are:
- me on Slaves side
- command control on
- point loss for routing units on
- fog of war ON ( not extreme fog of war )

Regards, Klaus

I accept the invitation, Klaus, and thank you! It's time to get my butt out of boot camp. Your preferences are fine with me but I'll defer to your choice of scenario and will wait for you to send it to me. OK with that? I would prefer that the scenario not be too massive.

Looking forward to it.

And thanks again for your help with the Punic Wars problem.

Best,

Tim
10-03-2009, 03:34 AM,
Hi Tim.

You´ll get the files soon.

Cheers, Klaus
10-03-2009, 08:22 AM,
Hi, Tim

Sounds like your copy of Punic Wars is playing up. Try loading up an existing scenario. If OK then it is your scenario file. Send the file to [email protected] and ask them to check it out. We will get back to you quickly.
10-03-2009, 06:17 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Scenario Editor question....
Hi Paul,

welcome to the Blitz !!!!

Regards, Klaus
10-03-2009, 11:48 PM,
Leonadis Wrote:Hi, Tim

Sounds like your copy of Punic Wars is playing up. Try loading up an existing scenario. If OK then it is your scenario file. Send the file to [email protected] and ask them to check it out. We will get back to you quickly.

The game is fine, the scenario editor threw a debug error and would no longer load any sort of file. See above. So I reinstalled it and it seems OK now. But it was odd to see software just break like that.

Best,

Tim
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM,
Tim,

Make sure when you close out of the battle engine of Punic, Gallic or Alex that you DO NOT close with the 2D zoom out view (the smallest counters, largest map area showing.) The editor does not support this view, and will not open any map or scenario if you have. I told Paul this happens, he is working on it. The editor uses the settings of the game engine, so make sure you close out with "2D in" or "3D" view.

It took me three days, two re-installs and dozen of open/closes of both the game and editor engines to figure this out.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM,
Al Amos Wrote:Tim,

Make sure when you close out of the battle engine of Punic, Gallic or Alex that you DO NOT close with the 2D zoom out view (the smallest counters, largest map area showing.) The editor does not support this view, and will not open any map or scenario if you have. I told Paul this happens, he is working on it. The editor uses the settings of the game engine, so make sure you close out with "2D in" or "3D" view.

It took me three days, two re-installs and dozen of open/closes of both the game and editor engines to figure this out.

Al, thanks for the tip. That might very well have been the cause of the problem. Good to know! I'll flag that landmine ....

Best,

Tim