• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A new innovation?
10-08-2009, 06:38 AM,
RE: A new innovation?
As I said earlier, the few players who may cheat, will do it however. I can't see that this screen recorder software will enhance the opportunity to cheat anymore than re-loading a .bte file would.
It's a program that anyone can download and use, either for 'cheating purposes' or, more importantly imho, as an improvement to the Blitz community.
With all due respect to the ladder commanders, I cannot see any point in them having to ratify it's use as the program doesn't create a problem at all, as highlighted already.
Even JVK has endorsed it's potential I believe?
regards
Peter
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2009, 06:40 AM,
I would emphasise by the way, this was Dave's discovery, I just appeared to be the only one who took a look at it and commented on it, lol! All the same, I fully endorse Dave's comments on the software's capabilities.
regards
Peter
10-08-2009, 10:25 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Dave, I see positive and negative. I just wanted the Ladder Commanders to look into it, in case it could be used as a cheating method.

No worries, Ed. To clarify it a bit, though, think of the output from a screen recorder the same way you would the output from your video camera. It can't be altered with programming knowledge, nor can it be used to spy on what you opponent is doing. It only records whatever is on your screen. It can't be stealthily attached to an email to somehow open on someone else's computer, like a keystroke virus. The worst that can happen is if you start recording before you type your password. Naturally, it will record that too.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email