• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korea 89
09-24-2009, 05:06 PM,
RE: Korea 89
The scenario takes place during the Bolt scenario so theres no 82nd AB, there is some options for the final Marine landing.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2009, 01:03 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:The scenario takes place during the Bolt scenario so theres no 82nd AB, there is some options for the final Marine landing.

Aaron

Ok for the Allies (the SEATO i suppose right?) but what about the Chinese airborne brigades belonging to the 15th Airborne Army?
09-25-2009, 03:39 AM,
They are in the game but the one main problem is if you look at the Chinese AF in 1989 they didnt have enough airlift to do anything with them. They are going to enter the game as normal reinforcements. They never deployed in any of the border clashes they had either, even before 84 when they had 3 divisions. In 93 they went back to 3 divisions.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-26-2009, 12:12 AM,
I had the pinched sciatic so bad that would act up every few seconds to where I could only get sentences out a couple words at a time. After a few days of constant pain and no sleep, I couldn't take it any more and went to the ER where they gave me two shots of Demoral and a shot of Morphine, didn't work. After all that, the one thing that did work was a muscle relaxer. If you haven't tried that yet, you need to. It will knock you out for a couple hours, but should relax the muscles in that area so you would be ok by the time you wake up. I was like, why didn't they give that to me first?.....I figured because they wouldn't have made as much money.
09-26-2009, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2009, 01:25 PM by Aaron.)
My nurse friend told me to get some flexeril ?? which is a muscle relaxer but the VA cant get me in for another 12 days. I had a friend bring me some of that hydrocodon ??? stuff. Im about to try one right this minute, they say it might knock me out. Mine hurts constantly and the worst thing is im going back to work Tuesday and if it doesnt tone down a bit ill look like im 84 years old when i move.

Aaron

Well it didnt knock me out and didnt really do anything.

But the second one did a couple hours later
Rangers Lead the Way
09-26-2009, 10:15 AM,
Quote:They are in the game but the one main problem is if you look at the Chinese AF in 1989 they didnt have enough airlift to do anything with them. They are going to enter the game as normal reinforcements. They never deployed in any of the border clashes they had either, even before 84 when they had 3 divisions. In 93 they went back to 3 divisions.

I wonder if they would have been employed in smaller scale limited objective Ops or Commando type operations ?
09-27-2009, 07:15 AM,
Kuriltai Wrote:
Quote:They are in the game but the one main problem is if you look at the Chinese AF in 1989 they didnt have enough airlift to do anything with them. They are going to enter the game as normal reinforcements. They never deployed in any of the border clashes they had either, even before 84 when they had 3 divisions. In 93 they went back to 3 divisions.

I wonder if they would have been employed in smaller scale limited objective Ops or Commando type operations ?

I havnt dug up enough info on it yet but there was a separate unit in the AB divisions that was a SF type unit, but im not sure what happen to it when they swtched to Bdes between 84 and 93, everything got rearranged big time. In my opinion from what i read the regular airborne units would not have performed SF/Commando missions. The Chinese arnt big on SF or engineers units and on a smaller extent specialized recon units.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-27-2009, 10:25 PM,
Just one question, does the Chinese have any attack helicopters? because, although that i admit not searching for them, i have not find any in the Chinese OOB...
09-29-2009, 12:48 AM,
Ummm and if they have deploy options??? for example, fast deploy option, you have a full airborne division lift by planes near the front or in a strategic objetive (here you have many options), and slow deploy option you can have all airborne divisions but in a friendly airport and with slow deploy you need move then to the battlefield.

If comunist side dont have the option of launch attacks behing enemy lines west dont be afraid for their rear.
09-29-2009, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2009, 06:03 AM by Aaron.)
Xaver Wrote:Ummm and if they have deploy options??? for example, fast deploy option, you have a full airborne division lift by planes near the front or in a strategic objetive (here you have many options), and slow deploy option you can have all airborne divisions but in a friendly airport and with slow deploy you need move then to the battlefield.

If comunist side dont have the option of launch attacks behing enemy lines west dont be afraid for their rear.

The North Koreas have 80,000 men in their SF or Light Infantry Bureau, i believe my count in the game is 50,000 and some change, believe me the south will be worried about their rear areas.:)

The PLA itself had no helos, they were all under AF control, i think it was around 400 and most of those were a copy of the Mi4, old as hell, no attack helos in service in 89, i think it was early 90s when they got there first ones.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way