• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korea 89
09-21-2009, 06:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2009, 06:12 AM by Aaron.)
Korea 89
Now taking applications for a little test run. I know some of u have been after this and nows your chance. I myself have been spending to much time making graphics and havnt been able to play it as much as i want so ill try to speed things up here by using some of you. Let me know and ill get u the link tonight.

Somebody wanted eye candy so its below, the updated oob and some graphics.

[attachment=2422][attachment=2423][attachment=2424][attachment=2425][attachment=2426][attachment=2427]
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2009, 06:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2009, 06:34 PM by P.Ako.)
RE: Korea 89
Do you plan to include any new nationality like for example... Australians?

EDIT: This post was made before downloading the OOB
09-21-2009, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2009, 06:28 AM by Aaron.)
I dont need to plan on it. :)

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-21-2009, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2009, 04:44 AM by P.Ako.)
tazaaron Wrote:I dont need to plan on it. :)

Aaron

Hehe i see... Autralians, New Zealanders, Frenchs, Gurkhas (the British Nationality i suppose)...

BTW just one small correction, i see that in OOB file the Australian Air Force is named "Australian RAAF"which would be something redundant because it would stand for "Australian Royal Australian Air Force"... so why don't name it just by it's official name? "Royal Australian Air Force" (RAAF)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Australian_Air_Force
09-22-2009, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2009, 02:53 AM by Xaver.)
Interesting mod, Korea has infantry units, a type strange in MC (yes, middle east has then but are very few).

PD: good job Tazaaron, i love your units art Eek
09-22-2009, 05:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2009, 05:09 AM by Aaron.)
BTW just one small correction, i see that in OOB file the Australian Air Force is named "Australian RAAF"which would be something redundant because it would stand for "Australian Royal Australian Air Force"... so why don't name it just by it's official name? "Royal Australian Air Force" (RAAF)

I shall change that
Rangers Lead the Way
09-22-2009, 05:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM by Aaron.)
Xaver Wrote:Interesting mod, Korea has infantry units, a type strange in MC (yes, middle east has then but are very few).

PD: good job Tazaaron, i love your units art Eek

Still workin on it but it will get there, still need to upgrade a bunch of the graphics. Its not easy finding anything of use when it come to the Chinese and North Koreans, i actually have never even found a picture of the M-1975 130mm SP yet so i dont even know what it looks like.

It is alot different than Danube, it can have some maneuver warfare if u make a breakthrough but for the most part it will take firepower and brute strength. Most Infantry units are weak on AT weapons also so it just makes those Tank units and ATGM units that much more important for either ATT or DEF against one another. The scenario takes place at the same time the Bolt does so u see NO duplicate units, for the US its Marines and Light Infantry, no heavy divisions. For those who like the original Korea game they will like this scenario as its realistic for the timeframe and i used the best info available for making an actual oob for 1989, but as in the Bolt the oob will mature over time as i find new info and others send me info. Its probably about the last year the North had a real shot at it, they were upgraded loads of towed art to SP at the time but starting in the 90s everything started degrading fast and the South had just started to upgrade everything in thier inventory which i must say is pretty impressive if u look at it these days.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-24-2009, 06:04 AM,
It may sound crazy, but are you planning to add another new nation besides Aussies and New Zealanders? Could be feasible some kind of Japanese self defence force intervention?

Also... how many strategic decisions are there going to be?
09-24-2009, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2009, 06:26 AM by Aaron.)
The Japs, Ha. U better read up on your history. The Koreans would just as well turn around and shoot them.

I did consider some Philippine or Thai troops but in the end ruled against myself and i won.

Theres not to many strategic events because its not very strategic, its a small part of the world, most of my events have no options with them they are there just to advance the story line or for u to choose where they start out at so it saves you a few turns of movement on the map and interdiction.

Right now im not working on anything, i have a pinched sciatic nerve in my back by L2 and even on good days i have trouble sitting at the computer for more than 5 minutes, bad days like yesterday i had trouble just being awake.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-24-2009, 04:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2009, 12:40 AM by P.Ako.)
tazaaron Wrote:The Japs, Ha. U better read up on your history. The Koreans would just as well turn around and shoot them.

Yes, i know the history and supposed it....

tazaaron Wrote:I did consider some Philippine or Thai troops but in the end ruled against myself and i won.

Uhmm the thais would be defending their own country against the Chinese-influenced Laosians and maybe against the Burmese....
And the Philipines maybe were sent to Taiwan to help...

tazaaron Wrote:Theres not to many strategic events because its not very strategic, its a small part of the world, most of my events have no options with them they are there just to advance the story line or for u to choose where they start out at so it saves you a few turns of movement on the map and interdiction.

Right now im not working on anything, i have a pinched sciatic nerve in my back by L2 and even on good days i have trouble sitting at the computer for more than 5 minutes, bad days like yesterday i had trouble just being awake.

Aaron

About the strategic events, wel ate least some options to choose where to deploy some marine divisions and some other parachute brigades could be in, couldn't it?

About the other... i wish you a speedy recovery