• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No Tournament for Old Men
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM,
RE: No Tournament for Old Men
Just checking in gentlemen.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2010, 05:32 AM,
Standings have been updated.

Majog and Mwest (Kool Kat) have completed the 6th and final round of the tournament.

04-16-2010, 10:41 PM,
We are waiting for one last game to be completed in round 5 before our final matchups.

Pat

04-25-2010, 10:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM by Montana Grizz.)
Note tournament standings update.

We throw out the points when it comes to the final round, so Mwest and Majog were playing for the 11th and 12th position and I should not have added the final round points to their score.

It looks like two weeks to complete the final round 5 matchup between Mud and Given.

You will be provided with your final round opponent at that time and the position you will be playing for.

Thank you,

Pat
Smedley has won division "B" and will be playing for the championship and can finish no worse than 2nd. His opponent has yet to be determined.

Scud finished 2nd in the "B" division and he will be playing for either 2nd place or third place depending upon the outcome of the championship round.

If first place is a tie then both players will be awarded first place badges and the next matchup will be for second place.

If the championship round ends up with one person winning first and the other winning second, then the round with Scud will be for 3rd place, etc.

My best,

Pat

05-14-2010, 09:03 AM,
Update:

Mud and Given will either be finishing their game by the 20th or the games will be adjudicated.

So, we should have matchups for the final round sent to everyone in the next 10 days.

My best,

Pat

06-03-2010, 08:13 AM,
The 5th round game between Given and Mud is being adjudicated.

Final round postings will be made available to each of you in the next couple of days.

Pat

07-14-2010, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2010, 01:06 AM by Kool Kat.)
Hi Pat: :smoke:

Is this tourney about over? :chin:

It has been underway for almost a year! :eek1::eek1:

Looking for my tourney badge... any day now!! :cool2:

cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-09-2010, 05:14 AM,
Barring a miracle, it appears John Given will beat me. However, I still have a slim chance to pull off a great victory, provided John gets run over by a bus.

Was Smedley's opponent ever announced? Did you play the championship game?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-09-2010, 10:26 PM,
I was playing Montana Mud. He had to quit the tournament when he moved to Louisiana. Guess that makes me the winner..........but since Grizz is gone missing too, it really doesn't matter.

Rob
09-09-2010, 11:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2010, 12:10 PM by Scud.)
I don't think Pat would have a problem with our wrapping this one up, plus he still gets his badge for a successful completion of a tournament. If he does have a problem we'll deal with it when the time comes. If the tournament were only halfway through, like "Bite the Bullet", that would be another matter.

So let me be the frist to say congratulations to you Rob and congrats to Montana Mud for second. I'll hold off congratulating Johnny G, just in case that altered bus schedule I called in pays off.

I'll work on getting everyone their badges first chance I get, probably this weekend.

That was fun and thanks to all the participants. cheers

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email