• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No Tournament for Old Men
10-17-2009, 08:20 AM,
RE: No Tournament for Old Men
Thank you Mike,

The tournament is moving along well. The last game in the first scenario should be over 2 weeks before the official deadline and that's great.

I know many of you have started the second round and that's great also, but I am guesstimating that the official ending date for round two will be sometime in late December (more soon).

I will continue to post matchups for subsequent rounds for those of you with more time on your gaming hands than others, but no one is required to finish a round until the official ending date.

Everyone joined the tournament with the expectation that each round would take two months or a total of a year to complete based upon an average of two-months per round and 6 rounds.

I think we will beat that total time commitment by a couple of months.

Have fun people and enjoy.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2009, 08:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2009, 08:56 AM by Scud.)
mwest Wrote:Gents: Big Grin

I want to publicaly thank Pat for his time and efforts with running this tournament!

It is a smooth running tourney and I am grateful to be a part of it!

Now... about those bonus points... just kidding! ;)

Thanks Pat! cheers

I second that. This is a good one.

Thanks Pat!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-20-2009, 08:33 AM,
Thank you David.

NOTE: I have updated the standing as of today. Four contestants have already finished the second round of the tournament so I thought the standings point totals might be a little confusing and have made a note in the standings (first page) of how many scenario's a person has played to obtain their current point total.

Pat

10-24-2009, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 03:33 PM by Montana Grizz.)
8 contestants have now completed the second round and the results have been posted on the first page of this thread.

I may be moving in the next few weeks and will notify all participants personally in case there might be a few days where I cannot access the internet or my email

If I am required to obtain a new email address, be assured that each of you will be provided with that new address.

My best to all competitors,

Pat

10-25-2009, 03:25 PM,
The first round of the tournament is over.

The ending date for the second round will be Dec. 24th.

10-26-2009, 03:28 AM,
Smedley and I have completed ours. I lost both. Brutal. I'm hanging my head in shame. Hey, a quarter!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-26-2009, 08:10 AM,
Sorry David, but not to worry. The third scenario is worth as many points as the first two scenario's combined.

8 of 12 contestants have completed the second round of the tournament and standings have been updated.

I don't recall if I have emailed the 3rd round matchups to everyone as yet or not????? I will do so today.

3rd Round Scenario: "Manstein's Prize" EFII

Montana Mud vs Deutscher Landser

FScout vs John Given

Otlig vs Majog

Scud vs Rupert

MWest vs Smedley

Relayer vs Panzerjaeger

Start this round when you wish. Currently there is no official ending date for this round.

11-02-2009, 04:49 AM,
Just keeping the tournament site up-to-date.

Nothing to report except that the second round only has two mirror contests to go and some have begun the third round.

Pat

11-09-2009, 06:23 AM,
The standing have been updated with a report of a finished 3rd round mirror game.

Pat

11-12-2009, 12:07 PM,
The standings have been updated with the completion of a second round mirror match.

Pat