• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No Tournament for Old Men
09-19-2009, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2009, 09:58 AM by Montana Grizz.)
RE: No Tournament for Old Men
Things seem to be moving along nicely.

Three mirror matches already reported and we are less than two weeks from the official start date.

You can, if you wish, report one side of a mirror game before finishing the other, but that's up to you.

I have the pairings for the second round already made and will email opponents with that information as soon as both players have completed their first round.

Good gaming Generals,

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2009, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2009, 05:48 AM by Montana Grizz.)
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy130...d_mac5.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the tournament badge.

Pat

09-24-2009, 06:05 AM,
For those of you that might be interested, here are the pairings for the second round of the tournament.

The official completion date for the first round is Nov. 11th and all participants have until that date to complete their first round. The pairings for the second round are provided for your information only.

Second Round:

Montana Mud vs Majog
John Given vs Otlig
Deutscher Lander vs FScout

Scud vs Smedley
MWest vs Panzerjaeger
Rupert vs Relayer

A personal email will be sent to each of you upon the official beginning of the second round, which may or may not begin prior to Nov. 11th depending upon whether all games have been completed before that date.

The USA observes two major holidays during November and December. This can often result in some slow turn exchange during that time. However, the second round is only 12 turns and shouldn't be a problem, but depending upon the new starting date, some consideration for these holidays (which often include travel) will be incorporated in the new completion date.

I admit to some ignorance in regard to European holidays and will certainly offer similar considerations to our UK, Danish, Bermuda and German participants.

I would very much appreciate some prior knowledge of these events.

Thank you,

Pat

09-25-2009, 10:57 AM,
I'm having a little personal problem in regard to the death of an in-law and may have limited time to spend on the computer during the next 10 days.

I will, however, give full attention to the tournament and post any new game results or new matchups.

09-25-2009, 11:27 AM,
My condolences, Pat. I'm sure everyone will understand. Take all the time you need.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM,
Thank you David.

It seems as if the first 40 years of your life, you are going to weddings and the next 40+, funerals!

Not my intention to bum everyone out.

09-29-2009, 06:18 AM,
OK, we have 4 of 6 mirror games reported.

As soon as we get one more pair of games reported, I will email everyone with second round information.

If you and your new opponent wish to begin the next round, feel free to do so, but are not required to do so.

There will initially be no ending date for the second round until all games have been completed or the ending date for the first round has arrived. Any games begun before the end of the first round will simply have more time in which to complete.

10-05-2009, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2009, 07:55 AM by Montana Grizz.)
Montana Mud and Majog have finished there second round mirror games.

We still have four players that need to finish their first round of competition and by rule they have until Nov. 11th.

I am going to go ahead and send everyone the information for the second round via email, but will also provide it here.

"The Devil's Graveyard" WF

Montana Mud vs Majog (games completed)
John Given vs Otlig
Deutscher Lander vs FScout (games completed)
Scud vs Smedley (games completed)
MWest vs Panzerjaeger (games completed)
Rupert vs Relayer

You many contact your opponent to see if they wish to begin the second round whether they have finished the first round or not.

No one is obligated to begin the 2nd round until Nov. 11th unless all rounds have been completed prior to that date at which time a new beginning and ending date for round two will be announced.

Pat

10-10-2009, 12:03 PM,
NOTICE:

Obviously, for a variety of reasons, certain contestants are able to provide more time to their tournament games than are others.

I am going to email each of you tomorrow with the scenario name and matchups for rounds two and three.

If you and your opponent want to begin the second or third round of the tournament, then feel free to do so.

Do not "bug" your opponent in regard to beginning a subsequent round. Simply email them to see if they have the time to do so. Some will be able to add another couple of games to their schedule and others may be maxed out.

If we end up with some players finishing the first 5 rounds of the tournament in a few months, then so be it. However, the last round is a matchup between contestants from one section versus contestants from the other section, so the final matchup cannot be made until the first 5 rounds have been completed.

My best to all,

Pat

10-17-2009, 03:22 AM,
Gents: Big Grin

I want to publicaly thank Pat for his time and efforts with running this tournament!

It is a smooth running tourney and I am grateful to be a part of it!

Now... about those bonus points... just kidding! ;)

Thanks Pat! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email