• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No Tournament for Old Men
09-13-2010, 09:13 AM,
RE: No Tournament for Old Men
just got my e-mail notification i came in third - nice! I'll take 3rd in this one - I was up against some very tough competition here, so 3rd is quite a compliment. Big Grin

Should the game victory results be recorded? We were almost through, after all.

Great tourney, but I never thought it would take this long to finish. No thanks to me! Whip

David, great game. I don't think your brits could have taken the two major towns though - i had two full strength infantry platoons coming up in the SE town, which you could not see, and the SW town was *very* heavily defended. Plus, there were only a few turns left.

The way I beat you as allies, was to take a chance on loaded transports, and put the tanks in front. not my usual strategy, but since it was a mirror game, I knew what kind of units you had in store. Once I knocked out an 88 plus the German 76mm sherm, I knew all you had left was the infantry and two batteries of 88's - probably protecting the SW town, which I was gunning for (before you surrendered). at that point, the loaded DUKW units moved south, loaded, en masse, toward the towns, as you saw.

And finally, a big thank you to Pat (wherever you are) for organizing the tourney. cheers
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2010, 09:38 AM,
RE: No Tournament for Old Men
(09-13-2010, 09:13 AM)John Given Wrote: Should the game victory results be recorded? We were almost through, after all.

Yep, victory points get recorded. Nice game, but after losing the first of the mirrors, even if I could have beat you in the other one you'd have beaten me in points, which I assume Pat would have used as a tie breaker. So you get third. I'm tempted to say "choke on it", but I like you too much Johnny. So congrats. cheers

Now to figure out what to do about Pat's other tourny(s?)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply