• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Banning (of a sort)
08-30-2009, 08:08 AM,
RE: Banning (of a sort)
It certainly is !
08-30-2009, 12:13 PM,
Huib's pm function won't let me send him a pm and I'd like to make sure he knows he can always email me. Not sure what happened/with who and really don't want to know, but I value his opinion when tempered with civility. Hopefully he will stay in touch.

Regards,
Dan
08-30-2009, 12:59 PM,
Dan;

Banned members can't receive PMs. Couldn't logon to to get them even if you could send them. Send him an email.

Paul
08-30-2009, 02:21 PM,
When I read about this rather strange and in my 3-year experience "unique" request, I couldn't help but wonder what Huib's reasons were?

Perhaps it is a rehab as mentioned.

Perhaps it is a statement of some sort, but I'm having trouble understanding that?

I can understand a total or temporary withdrawal from the Blitz site or simply not posting or replying to messages, but this has me scratching what is left of my hair.

Whatever his motivation and intentions might be, I support his decision and hope to see him return to the site very soon.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

08-31-2009, 12:17 AM,
Montana Grizz Wrote:When I read about this rather strange and in my 3-year experience "unique" request, I couldn't help but wonder what Huib's reasons were?

Pat this is not the first time Huib has taken his ball and gone home.
There was an issue awhile back when Huib got mad at people critizing his scenarios so he withdrew them all and prevented them from being downloaded.

It is just something he does from time to time.

Quote:Perhaps it is a rehab as mentioned.

Perhaps.

Quote:Perhaps it is a statement of some sort, but I'm having trouble understanding that?

Or he felt he was going to cross the line and get banned.

Quote:I can understand a total or temporary withdrawal from the Blitz site or simply not posting or replying to messages, but this has me scratching what is left of my hair.

Agreed. A better course of action would have to just not post or just ignore a post (or poster) he has issue with.

Quote:Whatever his motivation and intentions might be, I support his decision and hope to see him return to the site very soon.

While I support his right to do this I think it is a bit childish really, but whatever floats his boat.

That being said I too wish Huib to return when he is ready as I like his posts and I like his scenarios.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-31-2009, 12:54 AM,
If anyone out there thinks this current flame war has anything to do with game scale..................I have a bridge for sale.........and some prime real estate in Florida........make an offer.

Rob
08-31-2009, 01:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2009, 01:00 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Smedley Wrote:If anyone out there thinks this current flame war has anything to do with game scale........

100% spot on this is the latest flare up in a long running cold war. Of which I think there is 3 or 4 sides/ factions.

Quote:..........I have a bridge for sale.........

Which one?

Quote:and some prime real estate in Florida........

Where and how many acres.

Quote:make an offer.

I need my other queries answered first.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-31-2009, 01:32 AM,
Brooklyn.............

100s

Rob
08-31-2009, 04:46 AM,
It's more about some people taking things personally in my opinion

:whis:
08-31-2009, 04:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2009, 04:56 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Bernard Wrote:It's more about some people taking things personally in my opinion

:whis:

Indeed Huib's brother it is about some people taking things too seriously. :hissy:

Perhaps you could talk to Huib for us. :whis:

Thanx!

Hawk