• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Banning (of a sort)
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM,
Banning (of a sort)
Since it will no doubt get noticed and raise questions, I will go ahead and preemptively post this.

Huib, aka Alfons de Palfons, has been banned from posting on the forum boards. This ban was requested by Huib, and is therefore voluntary, and unlike a normal ban, can be lifted by him upon his request. Also unlike a normal ban/suspension, Huib is is still permitted to report games on the ladder.

Anyone desiring more information will have to contact Huib via email.
08-29-2009, 01:21 AM,
RE: Banning (of a sort)
I read a story about a guy that was sentenced to 3 months of house-arrest for a minor infraction of the law. His wife gave him so much grief on a daily basis that he went back to court and asked the judge to let him finish his time in jail.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

08-29-2009, 05:18 AM,
Uh oh.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
08-29-2009, 01:02 PM,
Indeed,

In solidarity...
...why...shut my mouth...

cheers
Guberman
Town Drunk
08-29-2009, 09:02 PM,
Sort of like voluntarily checking into a rehab center?

:-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-30-2009, 04:31 AM,
Fellow Gamers........
Personally I find this to be a serious issue.........
Especially when it concerns someone who is a quality gamer and amateur historian.
Cam
08-30-2009, 06:33 AM,
Indeed, Cam. Note that both Guberman and Alfons are in the top rank of scenario designers, and both specialize in the historical area.
08-30-2009, 06:57 AM,
For better or worse, this type of thing was almost inevitable when the moderation rules were relaxed last September. We used to tightly moderate, and now we will only step in when there is a clear violation of the rules (and 99.9% of the time people are careful not to cross those few lines) or there are reported messages. The new methods take the guess work out of the moderators hands, and make his actions more directly tied to the will of the majority of the forum. If you see behavior by a poster which you consider out of line, you are asked to use the report button, and we will look at it, and if warranted, moderate the post. And if we see a pattern emerge we'll moderate the member (keep in mind that patterns can be from either the reporter, or reportee, point of view)

The switch to a looser standard of forum moderation and the ability of the members to police themselves was asked for on numerous occasions and was granted roughly a year ago. For the most part I think that change has been for the better and not a problem, yet I regret to see anyone leave, especially someone who gives time and effort to try and improve their game of choice.

It's your forum gentlemen. We just clean up the broken glass after the bar room fights. When you're out bending the elbow with your mates in the real world would you let them stumble into a fight, or would you try and convince them it's not worth it? I know the type of people I would drink with.

cheers to all
08-30-2009, 06:58 AM,
a sad indictment of what's going on in the message board. I certainly don't think it's a matter to joke about.
Personalities aside, Huib is a great loss to this site.

Peter
08-30-2009, 07:58 AM,
glint Wrote:a sad indictment of what's going on in the message board. I certainly don't think it's a matter to joke about.
Personalities aside, Huib is a great loss to this site.

Peter

? :jaw:

Huib seems to have always resorted to personal attacks and was unable to control himself.
No one seemed to have problems with his "design and/or historical" discussion. It was the name calling and belittling of others that was an issue?
And, for all those boo hooing his "ban", you need to read Paul's initial message? Huib is removing himself from posting. He can return to posting anytime ... when he asks to be allowed back. It would all be based on him and how he chooses to conduct himself? :chin:
And, I am sure he is still going to be part of the Matrix team and will design scenarios.
Gosh, you'd think someone died here. :rolleyes:

It's definately not an indictment against this forum or any one who chooses to post civily and within the parameters of the posting rules.

I needed to give up drinking anyway. :cheeky:

RR