• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hee Haw, we got us a truck fight!
08-23-2009, 02:10 AM,
RE: Hee Haw, we got us a truck fight!
I am a 'lightened-up' guy, Ed !
Some of the posts on here have me rolling on the floor!
Especially the 'same-old name calling ones, lol!

regards
Peter
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2009, 02:35 AM,
glint Wrote:Especially the 'same-old name calling ones, lol!

Since name calling is against the rules of posting, I am sure you do find great humor and comfort in them?

Ed
08-23-2009, 03:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2009, 03:16 AM by Mike Abberton.)
With apologies to CW McCall

"It was high noon on the sixth of june in a 6-by haulin' gas
Bridge over there with some Jerries comin'
So I better haul some :censored:"

We was headed for trouble, with a turn to go
And I'm not sure how long I got,
I said "Buddy that there's a one hex bridge and this here's a god-damned truck"

Cause we got a 12 point convoy headed for the bridge
Yeah we got a 12 point convoy and ain't it a beautiful sight,
C'mon and shoot our convoy
And nothin's gonna come this way
All the 'jectives are on this side, so you can just go away
Cooooonvooooy! Cooooonvooooy!"

Mike
08-23-2009, 03:18 AM,
Humour yeah, comfort no.
It always seems to go on between a handful of people that wrecks a post that many follow and contribute to, views, too often, get ripped apart and certainly, I find no comfort in that.
Heck Ed, I'm a taxi driver and there's enough of that crap in the job, let alone seeing it in an enjoyable hobby!
That's no reference to you btw, just a statement that I have to mention as, each time I come into the forum, the same old rubbish seems to crop up.
Some of the 'humour' is what, over here in the UK, is called 'taking the p--s' and sarcasm is also classed as the lowest form of wit?
regards
Peter
08-23-2009, 05:09 AM,
glint Wrote:Humour yeah, comfort no.
It always seems to go on between a handful of people that wrecks a post that many follow and contribute to, views, too often, get ripped apart and certainly, I find no comfort in that.
Heck Ed, I'm a taxi driver and there's enough of that crap in the job, let alone seeing it in an enjoyable hobby!
That's no reference to you btw, just a statement that I have to mention as, each time I come into the forum, the same old rubbish seems to crop up.
Some of the 'humour' is what, over here in the UK, is called 'taking the p--s' and sarcasm is also classed as the lowest form of wit?
regards
Peter

I see a kernel of truth in what you write. cheers

RR
08-23-2009, 07:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2009, 07:13 PM by zap.)
Being a Tanker Truck driver. The scenario caught my eye. I would suggest to add a few fuel tankers on both sides. That would add an extra touch of excitment.
08-23-2009, 11:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2009, 11:03 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
zap Wrote:Being a Tanker Truck driver. The scenario caught my eye. I would suggest to add a few fuel tankers on both sides. That would add an extra touch of excitment.

Supplies were made very low because they were truckers just wanting to fight. Big Grin
When they are fighting they are not hauling supplies? :rolleyes:

I already spent 15 minutes on that monster map and the 100 turn scenario. I am burnt out on it and cannot go back in to revise it. ;)Whip

cheers

RR
08-24-2009, 11:36 AM,
Well done senor,

Gives me an option to crossword puzzles while I'm on the toilet and much more interesting.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

08-26-2009, 06:31 AM,
Some members have no sense of humour Ed.Elton John's Saturday's All Right for Fighting might be a good theme tune:stir::stir::stir::stir:
09-04-2009, 02:33 AM,
This would be kick with a desert map, just herman trucks and 2 scout jeeps with the 50cal's... Can anyone say rat patrol.