• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
08-13-2009, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2009, 04:37 PM by Aaron.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
These arnt off the wall values either, Midge who is a member here and the guys he plays with have been using alot of these values or something very similar to them so they have been tested pretty good, i have in spots put my own twist into the values and were still having some good conversations back in forth about how the hell u guys come up with this and thats a piece of shite :). I actually pointed out to him yesterday he had like 2000 Scimitars (im exaggerating) in his British oob. Will get her down to numbers.

The biggest twist ive put on it isnt even that big, for the most part my Inf HA numbers are 1-3 lower but my Inf Assault values are 1-3 point higher, i have done this on purpose, i believe infantry can project some power outwards but when it comes down to it infantry is best at taking and holding ground, and that comes from assaults, up close and personnel.

Another note i got an email from Scar today and i tried to answer u back but your email rejected it twice.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2009, 12:37 AM,
"I actually pointed out to him yesterday he had like 2000 Scimitars (im exaggerating) in his British oob. Will get her down to numbers".

2000..........my arse....................agreed, small problem with the old maths, run out of fingers, toes and dead Rangers to count !!
08-14-2009, 03:31 AM,
Hi Aaron:
Thanks for trying to get me an e-mail. Not sure what the problem is...

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks

Scar
"When in doubt, lash out."
08-16-2009, 05:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM by Aaron.)
Updated the change log on the 1st page and the values on the last page, still goin threw AC but everything else pretty solid, ive even updated all WP units in the main .oob file with the new values(6 long hours goin line for line makin sure everything changed), hope to do NATO tomorrow and post this up Monday or Tuesday before i leave again. Have to sail all next week again and after today i have a 6in by 10in bruise right across my stomach, i didnt think it would bother me but u cant even set a beer on your tummy.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
08-19-2009, 04:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 05:01 AM by Aaron.)
Update: All files updated and been running some tests and had to make 2 minor adjustments to SF and Helo values, still looking at a couple things, im running a div on div test with corp and army assets with lots of AC and helos, Midge is at the end of the first day playing the whole scenario against his brother with similar numbers but not exact, but for the most part they are the same or 2 points different. Overall it runs well and its reacting well with the new values, i think there probably needs to be a adjustment here and there though, so its my judgment to not post it up today, i should test for another month but ill try not to take that long.

Aaron

Actually if theres 2 people not to busy out there who thinks they can run off a bunch off turns in the next 7-14 days let me know and ill get u all the new files......including the graphics, need at least the first day gone thru, thats 12 turns in 14 days.....
Rangers Lead the Way
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM,
As Taz said I'm running his latest "BOB" with almost identical stats (give or take 10%). The 10% could come down either way, as you can imagine when an ex US Ranger and Brit Royal Marine go head to head niether like giving ground or backing down, so we're having many a late night discussion about the pros and cons of various kit, thoroughly enjoyable !!

As mentioned i'm reaching the end of Day 1 and it all appears to be ok (well more than ok really its bloody damn good).
For any ex cold war warriors out there it feels like we were always taught it would be like ..................frighteningly vicious...........the kit is very effective and if you make an error you get Mullah'd big time.
I'll try and post some "piccies" as time goes on.

Mark
08-21-2009, 01:25 AM,
Hi Aaron.

I didn't like the pic of the Austrian M-60 so i started to search internet for some info about it, and i didn't found any drawing, however i found that they were painted totally in military green (at least in the photos that i saw) with the Austrian army simbol.

Then i decided to browse the american folder of Danube front and found that there was a pic of a totally green M-60 (i think that it was your work), so everthing that i made was take the simbol from wikipedia and paste it (scaled) over that pic.

You can use if you want:

Attached Files
.bmp   KPz M60A3.bmp (Size: 39.6 KB / Downloads: 35)
08-21-2009, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2009, 01:42 AM by Aaron.)
That will work, thats Michals work though, cant take credit for it. Its a pic of an M-60A1 because it has the box above the main gun but thats ok from what i read the Kpz M-60A3 was a Austrian modification of the M-60A3 and i dont believe they ever put thermal on it so the box is fine.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
08-21-2009, 02:09 AM,
Ok, the same but without the box, i hope it's more correct now:

Attached Files
.bmp   KPz%20M60A3.bmp (Size: 39.6 KB / Downloads: 31)
08-21-2009, 02:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2009, 02:31 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
http://www.m60panzer.org/html/der_m60a3_...reich.html

Im Laufe der Nutzungszeit wurden auch die 170 österreichischen M60A1 durch einheimische Unternehmen verbessert und mit neuerer Technik ausgestattet. Man beauftragte die Firmen Steyr Daimler Puch und Noricum für dieses Modernisierungsprogramm, das zu der Version M60A3Ö führte. Die wesentlichen Unterschiede beim Turm stellen die verbesserte Ziel und Richteinrichtung, der Einbau einer Nebelwurfanlage, eines Windmessers und einer Thermoschutzhülle für die Kanone dar. Ebenso wurden die Schießscheinwerfer ersetzt und eine Laseranlage für Übungszwecke eingebaut. Das amerikanische 7,62 mm MG A4 in der Turmblende wurde durch das MG 74, einer modernisierten 7,62 mm Version des deutschen MG 42, ersetzt, um eine Vereinheitlichung der Waffen zu erreichen. Ebenso wurden die Motoren generalüberholt und mit einem zusätzlichen Luft und Abgasfilter versehen. Der Vormals "glatte" Turm wurde mit diversen Halterungen, Ausrüstungsgegenständen, Ersatzteilen und Werkzeugen bestückt, um dadurch nicht nur ein wenig Platz im Inneren des Panzers zu geschaffen, sondern auch den Schutz gegen Hohlladungsgeschosse etwas zu erhöhen.

So without the huge IR/White light projector is correct for the M60A3 in austrian service. No Thermal Sight though.
Send this user an email