• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2009, 06:18 PM by Aaron.)
Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
Update, either side could win the scenario but when 2 people of equal exp. were pitted against each other Nato always won, and only 2 issues were reported from the team game thats going and those were that Nato SF units were blowing bridges and the security units were 3 hexes away and couldnt do anything, well those security units now do release. And WP didnt have enough mine clear engs, well with just the researching for the oob there are more WP engineers now. That lead to the changes, i felt the WP needed a slight boost and i didnt want to do anything not accurate or realistic, i started with adding all the tank varients and this lead to the adjustments to the values. Ive kept a change log all the way threw this time and also tried to explain the reasoning behind the changes, not much was done scenario wise but most was oob wise with the finding of additional information. You will notice alot of the adjustments favor the WP even if its so small, but put it all together and i believe ive got that slight boost i wanted for the WP. Theres a bunch of new graphics and some just cleaned up or resized.

I will be posting this up within the next week, i just got a bunch of graphics from Michal i need to go threw and hes still trying to figure out the Polish Eng Bde for me, damn engineers for both sides have been the hardest thing to find any info on.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM,
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
tazaaron Wrote:Update

EekEekEek Will the current email game that i'm playing be compatible with this version?
07-21-2009, 09:12 PM,
Some interesting changes

Been playing a slightly tweaked Bolt for some time now.................excellent work by the way.

Never really had a problem with NATO SF units blowing bridges............they would run rings round most WP regulars let alone security units. They probably wouldn't be detected if in real terms they were in the "same hex" let alone 3 hexes away.

As for mine clearing......................we got round the problem by adding mine clear capability to one armoured unit in every Btn.........not really unrealistic as most Btns would have a mine plough or two or a few dozer blades !

Looking forward to seeing new graphics

Mark
07-21-2009, 09:48 PM,
Just two points:
- Why in this mod Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and Austria don't have Helicopter units? (Zemke's WWIII has helicopter units for Netherlands and Belgium, i can understand the lack of helicopters for Austria since most of their helo regiments are based in Wien, which is not in the game map) and also... why there aren't helicopter HQ units, like in vanilla or the aforementioned Zemke's WWIII,

- A point that neither this mod, WWIII or vanilla has, and it is the Berlin brigade AA units, i admit that i don't know if they had or not, but it is a bit... strange that they haven't any isn't it?

BTW: Yes, i assume that the savefiles are not compatible Big Grin
07-21-2009, 10:39 PM,
One thing that no one seems to do with their mods and which puzzles me is change the stacking limits. I am no expert but I thought WP would have 1 Bat/KM max so say 2 in a stack max? Changing the stacking values does make it a very different game and it seems more right to me.
07-21-2009, 10:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM by JDR Dragoon.)
P.Ako Wrote:Just two points:
- , Denmark don't have Helicopter units? (

Very easy, there just wasn´t many of those hanging around. Each Brigade and the Jutland division HQ had a "Flying Platoon" attached w. 2xOH6 Cauyse and 2xT17 Prop ACs. Giving the Jutland division the royal total of 8 observation helicopters. And since Recon helicopters in the game are hopelessly broken they might as well be left out (a DF85 stock game design decision I fully and wholeheartedly agree with)

As for Holland and Belgium they didn´t have any modern AT Helos eaither before the 1990s (might have had some SS11 armed Alouettes sticking around at best....)
Send this user an email
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM,
"As for Holland and Belgium they didn´t have any modern AT Helos eaither before the 1990s (might have had some SS11 armed Alouettes sticking around at best....)"

Seen somewhere that the Dutch had around 30 odd BO105 in 89.........not sure if these were fitted out as AT choppers though !
07-21-2009, 11:32 PM,
Midge Wrote:Seen somewhere that the Dutch had around 30 odd BO105 in 89.........not sure if these were fitted out as AT choppers though !

Afaik. they were for observation and liason (and all the other dogsbody work such light aircraft does)
Send this user an email
07-22-2009, 12:37 AM,
JDR Dragoon Wrote:
P.Ako Wrote:Just two points:
- , Denmark don't have Helicopter units? (

Very easy, there just wasn´t many of those hanging around. Each Brigade and the Jutland division HQ had a "Flying Platoon" attached w. 2xOH6 Cauyse and 2xT17 Prop ACs. Giving the Jutland division the royal total of 8 observation helicopters. And since Recon helicopters in the game are hopelessly broken they might as well be left out (a DF85 stock game design decision I fully and wholeheartedly agree with)

As for Holland and Belgium they didn´t have any modern AT Helos eaither before the 1990s (might have had some SS11 armed Alouettes sticking around at best....)

Well, i assume that you're right because i have been searching internet for the history of those kind of units and all of them were formed in the 90s, the earliest one was formed in 1994 IIRC and it was the Dutch one.

I don't agree with the decision of leaving out the recon helicopters... but anyway.. it's for another thread, not for this one.

Anyway, then why the Zemke's WWIII mod features combat helicopter regiments both for Netherlands (PAH-1) and for Belgium (Armoured Allouette II), i admit beeing cool, and probably true, specially the Belgium Allouettes, that those armies had those helicopters, but if they were not formed in the mod's year (1987) they simple should not be there, shouldn't they?
07-22-2009, 12:56 AM,
P.Ako Wrote:but if they were not formed in the mod's year (1987) they simple should not be there, shouldn't they?

I guess one could leave the belgian Alouettes in, but 35/2 HA seems a bit high for the 1960s MCLOS SS11.
Send this user an email