• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
07-29-2009, 04:47 AM,
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
Except for the rework of the Czech 22nd strategy and a couple additional options for the Soviet 34th Artillery division thats it, almost all changes have been oob wise and values.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2009, 06:40 PM,
tazaaron Wrote:Except for the rework of the Czech 22nd strategy and a couple additional options for the Soviet 34th Artillery division thats it, almost all changes have been oob wise and values.

Aaron

If i could make a sugestion about a strategical decision...
There is a British anti tank para unit whose name i can't remember right now, that you deploy them with a strategic decision near Hannover.

Well in my last game as NATO, the WAPA reached until the east of Hannover, making that strategic decision suicidal in any of the options because every option deployed behind WAPA lines, when i can't barely hold Hannover.

The point is, that if you could include just a pair of options more, one of them to deploy them at the west of Hannover and the other one beeing to deploy them by road (and therefore appearing like normal reinforcements) would be a great improvement IMO.
08-01-2009, 04:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2009, 05:00 PM by Aaron.)
Quote:If i could make a sugestion about a strategical decision...
There is a British anti tank para unit whose name i can't remember right now, that you deploy them with a strategic decision near Hannover.

Well in my last game as NATO, the WAPA reached until the east of Hannover, making that strategic decision suicidal in any of the options because every option deployed behind WAPA lines, when i can't barely hold Hannover.

The point is, that if you could include just a pair of options more, one of them to deploy them at the west of Hannover and the other one beeing to deploy them by road (and therefore appearing like normal reinforcements) would be a great improvement IMO.

You better throw up a better defense or the government in Bonn will have your ass. Remember to fight for every yard.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
08-02-2009, 08:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM by Zemke.)
Very good work once again Aaron.
08-04-2009, 03:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2009, 05:00 AM by Aaron.)
Just an update and a couple icons to keep u happy, ive hit a brick wall again on the Hungarians but for the most part they are in good shape, i hope to find a few things over the next few months to finish them off. I had to add the 3rd Hungarian army, it seems all 3 armies had active and mobilized units in it and the army level units are structured like the EGERMs as in there are some active and some mob Bns in the same regt. As for values i had alot of small changes listed in the changelog i posted but as of this moment me and midge (i mean midges team) are working on a whole new value system and it starts by moving the starting point from 24HA/24Def to 30/30 and bumping INF DEF to 20. What this does by bumping up the starting point is u can now have alot bigger differences in equipment, i think the high HA now is 39 and the low is 22 instead of as before 34/21. U can really c the difference between a LEO2A4 and a LEO1A1 now.

ARM TRK 13 4 27 1 0 24 1 0 2 1 0 22 17 15 0 Leopard 1A1
ARM TRK 13 5 38 2 0 26 1 0 2 1 0 38 24 16 0 Leopard 2A4

A comparison to a Soviet model:
ARM TRK 31 4 30 1 0 25 1 0 2 1 0 30 22 14 0 T-72B

Remember these are not set in stone yet.
The changes will go all the way threw the oob from top to bottom including differences in Artillery platforms instead of having a generic number for caliber.

The first Hungarian army ive attach for anyone who wants to see the progress made and a couple icons. Both are of Michals great work.

[attachment=2314][attachment=2315][attachment=2316]
Rangers Lead the Way
08-13-2009, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2009, 06:18 PM by Aaron.)
An update on the Bolt, still goin threw some values, the French for one i have conflicting info on how many Milans were in each type of Bn, i have asked for some info on them and it should show up soon. I running tests on the AAA/SAMs still with comparison to AC/HELOS so those numbers might change slightly. U will notice differences in values for each country all depending on what and how many weapons they had. For example the CAN M-113 units HA value is low, this is because they had no ATGMs, they used Carl G and to show this weapon their Assault value is 3 points higher than a comparable M-113 unit but its HA is 6-12 points lower depending on how many ATGMs the other M-113 units were equip with.

The def value has moved from 16 to 20.
Rangers Lead the Way
08-13-2009, 04:56 AM,
Excuse, but as it setup in " MC: Danube Front ' 85 " ?
Where to take files " Bolt of the Blue " ? :conf:
Send this user an email
08-13-2009, 05:05 AM,
The new values will be included in the Bolt 4.4 files when i believe were done making adjustments to them, Ive got the Hungarians about as far as i can take them which is alot better than where they were so im shooting for next week. Still have 1 or 2 British issues to resolve but they should get done soon along with the rest.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
08-13-2009, 07:05 AM,
Quote: 61. Soviet divisional recon Bns in CGF have changed layout. 3 t-72s,1brm,6 bmps X2 plus 1 12 brdm depth recon unit
62. Theres the Rgt level Sams now (sa-9,sa13) Listed as a seperate Battalion

IIRC the original BOTB recon battalion was equipped with 11 vehicles? why was that?
and maybe a suggestion on my part? would it be stupid to add the BRDM-2RKh vehicles (2 in each BMP coy) to each of the coys? so as to beef up the strength of the units to 12 vehicles.
Since there is a possibility of tactical nukes/chemical weapons being used, they could in some abstract way, be used for radiological-chemical reconnaissance.

62. I highly support this new change. ;)

Otherwise good work on the mod, I have no idea where you get the information about the different divisions, but it all seem to fit in the overall battle plan, which seems realistic IMO.

Carry On, Tazaaron, Carry On! ;)
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2009, 04:23 PM by Aaron.)
Wheres the info come from, ive been gathering it the last 2 years and have a couple hundred MBs of files and more from books plus when i built each country i believe i had about 2 people from each country with good knowledge of their militarys help me out, Michal for one has been a great help and not just with the graphics, i actually read some stuff posted on the Internet that had his name on it before i even met him. I think the only 2 countries i didnt find someone to talk to was the Czechs and Belgium.I have so much info did u know in Belgium they spoke 2 languages, well i know which units spoke what :P

Flemish: 1st, 4th and 10th Mechanized Brigades
French: 7th Mechanized and 12th Motorized Brigades
Mixed French and Flemish units: 17th Armoured Brigade

If anyone ever wants to build their own scenario or just wants the info for their own enjoyment. dont be afraid to ask,ive got some stuff that will take u way past what u need for this game.

And to HPS i already have great info on the Italians, Romanians, Yugoslavians and the rest of the Austrians, (this is a Hint to ya, u can do it) the Greeks and Turks are a mess....

Aaron

As for the recon Bns i have about 8 different setups but i found in Soldat und Technic in 88 that CGF had the T-72 layout. As posted on the other thread these are some of the known ways, and by looking at the equipment listings out of Tomsk and Lenskii books i compared it to these and decide which one was best compared to the equipment listed and that was the one i used for that division.

In the 1970s and before the recon battalion was a fairly settled beast, i.e. HQ, tank coy with three platoons of PT-76,
recce coy with three platoons of BRDM, depth exploitation company with three platoons. But in the 1980s this all went to hell!
Here are some options/variations I am aware of...
recce coy with 3xBRM-1K, 4xBMP-1/2, 46 persons
OR
recce coy with 3xmedium tank, 3xBRM-1K, 4xBMP-1/2, 55 persons
OR
recce coy with 5xPT-76, 7xBMP-1/2, 60 persons (yes Pt-76s, in the Leningrad District u had in some cases whole divisions equip with PT-76)
OR
recce coy with 10xBMP-1/2, 70 persons
OR
recce coy with 1xBRM-1 as HQ vehicle, 3xmedium tanks, 6xBMP-1/-2, 66 persons
COMBINED WITH SOME FORM OF DEPTH RECCE COMPANY such as...
depth recce coy with 10xBMP-1/-2, 77 persons
OR
depth recce coy with 7xBMP-1/-2, 2xBTR-60/70/80, 85 persons
OR
depth recce coy with 1xBRDM-2U, 7xBRDM-2, 6xBTR-60/70-80, 92 persons
OR
depth recce coy with 11xBTR-60/70/80, 93 persons
Rangers Lead the Way