• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
11-17-2009, 04:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2009, 04:48 AM by Aaron.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
Taffy6 Wrote:Aaron, I have a quick question about the British AVRE squadrons in the BAOR/32nd Armoured Engineer Regiment.

In Bolt 4.4 the three squadrons that made up the regiment (A, B and C sqdns) were using the AVRE-AVLB graphic and were company formations with 24 tracked vehicles each. They were flagged as bridge engineers.

In Bolt 4.5, the three squadrons (No's 26, 31 and 77) are using the AVRE graphic and are listed as kampfgruppes with 12 men each, tracked, and flagged as demolition units (lost their bridging capability).

Is this by design or should the Bolt 4.5 AVRE units be 12 vehicles each instead of men? Or should they have more men then just 12 per squadron in Bolt 4.5? I'm thinking with only 36 men in the entire Regiment it will vaporize the first time it comes into contact or gets interdicted. Intentional?

Loving Bolt 4.5, brother! It's a masterpiece!

Regards,

Taffy

Wow ive always said 4 eyes are better than 2. Well it looks like i made a 36 man suicide Regt,:kill: yes its suppose to be vehicles, you would have to change the ENG to ARM in the oob to change it to vehicles with demolition capabitity.

Thanks Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2009, 04:46 AM,
James Ward Wrote:
Taffy6 Wrote:In Bolt 4.5, the three squadrons (No's 26, 31 and 77) are using the AVRE graphic and are listed as kampfgruppes with 12 men each, tracked, and flagged as demolition units (lost their bridging capability).

Wouldn't they also lose their ability to dig in? Whenever I try to dig in with a SF unit I get a message that Demolition units can't dig in.

Well its suppose to be 12 vehicles so they wouldnt be able to dig in anyways.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
11-17-2009, 05:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2009, 06:00 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
tazaaron Wrote:to vehicles with demolition capabitity.

Is this to represent their ability to bridge across obstacles and minefields and/or obstacle clearing equipment of the same type as the US MICLIC?
Send this user an email
11-17-2009, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2009, 05:38 AM by James Ward.)
tazaaron Wrote:
James Ward Wrote:
Taffy6 Wrote:In Bolt 4.5, the three squadrons (No's 26, 31 and 77) are using the AVRE graphic and are listed as kampfgruppes with 12 men each, tracked, and flagged as demolition units (lost their bridging capability).

Wouldn't they also lose their ability to dig in? Whenever I try to dig in with a SF unit I get a message that Demolition units can't dig in.

Well its suppose to be 12 vehicles so they wouldnt be able to dig in anyways.

Aaron

It's probably not a big deal. It's not like there is a shortage of units to dig in for them! :)
11-18-2009, 02:18 PM,
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid309195

In the Bolt 4.5 thread i have posted the files that fix the 32nd for those who have already downloaded it.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
11-20-2009, 03:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2009, 04:11 AM by Aaron.)
JDR Dragoon Wrote:
tazaaron Wrote:to vehicles with demolition capabitity.

Is this to represent their ability to bridge across obstacles and minefields and/or obstacle clearing equipment of the same type as the US MICLIC?

Yes and no,ive never seen it with a miclic type device, but clearing obstacles with its demo gun and mines with its plough, have flagged them mine clear and demo.

AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers) vehicle with 165 mm demolition gun and a hydraulically-operated dozer blade or a mine plough. Can carry a fascine bundle or a roll of metal Class 60 Trackway; and tow the Giant Viper mine-clearance equipment or a trailer for another fascine. This variant had a five man crew. The vehicle was used in the Gulf War/Operation Desert Storm (1991).

Tell you the truth i probably would have deleted the unit all together but then all the Brits would be asking me wheres the 32nd you forgot the 32nd, and since it was a separate unit away from regular combat engineers i kept them in the game. I believe the US used an M-60 AVRE extensively, if i remember correctly they had 8 in each heavy division but they were part of the Engineer bn which can already mine clear.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
11-20-2009, 08:22 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:Yes and no,ive never seen it with a miclic type device, but clearing obstacles with its demo gun and mines with its plough, have flagged them mine clear and demo.

AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers) vehicle with 165 mm demolition gun and a hydraulically-operated dozer blade or a mine plough. Can carry a fascine bundle or a roll of metal Class 60 Trackway; and tow the Giant Viper mine-clearance equipment or a trailer for another fascine. This variant had a five man crew. The vehicle was used in the Gulf War/Operation Desert Storm (1991).

Tell you the truth i probably would have deleted the unit all together but then all the Brits would be asking me wheres the 32nd you forgot the 32nd, and since it was a separate unit away from regular combat engineers i kept them in the game. I believe the US used an M-60 AVRE extensively, if i remember correctly they had 8 in each heavy division but they were part of the Engineer bn which can already mine clear.

Aaron

Very clever and appropriate use of special abilities. As you note above the brits had a MICLIC type device called the "Giant Viper" (no snickering please ;))
Send this user an email
11-20-2009, 08:34 AM,
What happen to the small Viper.
Rangers Lead the Way
12-02-2009, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2009, 08:06 PM by P.Ako.)
Meybe the pic of the Dutch Leopard II A4 of this page could serve you to give more variety to the graphics:

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm

BTW, according to this website:
http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/pro..._id=466992

(Yes, i know that it is about modellism, but it has been the only webpage that i could find about the markings of the Hungarian tanks in the cold war)
the Hungarian tanks should have the Hungarian communist star in the turret, maybe a quick edit could do the trick?
12-11-2009, 05:44 AM,
Just one question, shouldn't the mobilized German paratrooper battalion (the one equiped with helicopters but without the AT vehicle, that appears later in the game) be equiped with the Bell UH-1 helicopter? AFAIK it's still in active service in the german army and luftwaffe!