• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM,
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
I must have forgot them, its in the info you sent me. Ive added the Tows back in at Bde level.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2009, 08:28 AM,
FYI, just saw a book review on a new Osprey Duel series booklet: M1Abrams v. T-72 Ural. According to the review, the author does an in-depth analysis not only of how the two matched up during Desert Storm 1991 but how things might have played out if the Warsaw Pact and NATO had clashed.

http://www.wargamer.com/article/2797/m1-...-t-72-ural

Not having read the book, I would take a guess that he concludes:

- Soviet Army superior training and maintenance would have made the T-72 more deadly in Soviet hands than Iraqi

- the Iraqi T-72 was an export model without the latest tech

- a war in Central Europe's more built-up, mountainous and forested terrain would have lessened the M1Abrams ranged advantage which was so clear on the plains of Kuwait/Iraq
11-13-2009, 10:12 AM,
Elxaime Wrote:FYI, just saw a book review on a new Osprey Duel series booklet: M1Abrams v. T-72 Ural. According to the review, the author does an in-depth analysis not only of how the two matched up during Desert Storm 1991 but how things might have played out if the Warsaw Pact and NATO had clashed.

http://www.wargamer.com/article/2797/m1-...-t-72-ural

Not having read the book, I would take a guess that he concludes:

- Soviet Army superior training and maintenance would have made the T-72 more deadly in Soviet hands than Iraqi

- the Iraqi T-72 was an export model without the latest tech

- a war in Central Europe's more built-up, mountainous and forested terrain would have lessened the M1Abrams ranged advantage which was so clear on the plains of Kuwait/Iraq

Havnt read the book but everything you just mentioned is correct, not so sure about superior training but definitely alot better than the Iraqis and as far as maintenance well we will just leave it at that.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
11-14-2009, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2009, 11:57 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Dont know if anyones interested but ive had this for awhile and the long story short in the 80s the DDR spies stole info about US GDP plans and from what others say its pretty accurate but not perfect. The document is in German so unless you speak German it wont do ya any good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/291309430/Op..._33001.zip

Something else laying around almost all of the JPRS Report of the Soviet Foreign Military Review from the mid to late 80s are posted up on rapidshare here, got some interesting Soviet perspectives but again not all accurate.

http://rapidshare.com/files/269549087/Soviet_SEP89.zip

Bolt 4.5 is posted above under HPS OPS Mod Scenario List, then choose Danube 85.

Danube Front '85 Mods
Aaron

[Edit] Link to the forum with Aaron's mod added - Dog Soldier
Rangers Lead the Way
11-14-2009, 10:32 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:Dont know if anyones interested but ive had this for awhile and the long story short in the 80s the DDR spies stole info about US GDP plans and from what others say its pretty accurate but not perfect. The document is in German so unless you speak German it wont do ya any good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/291309430/Op..._33001.zip

Not DDR spies. The plan was sold to the hungarians by a disgruntled US ex-NCO who wanted money. They then distributed it to the rest of the eastern bloc. The spy himself was caught in 1988, but the exact amount of damage he had wrought was not totally clear before the East German archives were opened

For people who don´t want to mess around w. Rapidshare the PHP homepage also has it.

http://www.php.isn.ethz.ch/collections/c...=17214&nav
Send this user an email
11-15-2009, 07:56 PM,
About BOOTB 4.5 i think that i found an error, the long range missile artillery launchers (like the SS-1c for instance which has 0/186/5) have a very long attack range... but they have 0 attack value!!! making them pointless...

Is it intentional?
11-16-2009, 04:30 AM,
31.I have put the SSM units in the game, for Nato the Lance,Pluton and Pershing. For the Soviets the SS-1c,SS-21 and SS-23. All these units are flagged WMD but have a HA of 0 and a SA of 0 so cant be used for conventional attacks only WMD attacks, this is also the reason for not adding the WP minors SSMs,they had no WMDs and how much damage can 4 frog missiles do to a Bn anyways. What i like about this is that HQ unit on the other side of the map can be Nuked with the bigger ranges, they also make good targets for your SF to assault or call in airstrikes, this will hurt your opponent by limiting his ability to hit long range targets or massed strikes and he would have to rely on his short range artillery.Added new graphics.
Rangers Lead the Way
11-16-2009, 04:51 AM,
Uhmmm i see, i didn't see it that way...
11-17-2009, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2009, 03:42 AM by Taffy6.)
Aaron, I have a quick question about the British AVRE squadrons in the BAOR/32nd Armoured Engineer Regiment.

In Bolt 4.4 the three squadrons that made up the regiment (A, B and C sqdns) were using the AVRE-AVLB graphic and were company formations with 24 tracked vehicles each. They were flagged as bridge engineers.

In Bolt 4.5, the three squadrons (No's 26, 31 and 77) are using the AVRE graphic and are listed as kampfgruppes with 12 men each, tracked, and flagged as demolition units (lost their bridging capability).

Is this by design or should the Bolt 4.5 AVRE units be 12 vehicles each instead of men? Or should they have more men then just 12 per squadron in Bolt 4.5? I'm thinking with only 36 men in the entire Regiment it will vaporize the first time it comes into contact or gets interdicted. Intentional?

Loving Bolt 4.5, brother! It's a masterpiece!

Regards,

Taffy
11-17-2009, 04:02 AM,
Taffy6 Wrote:In Bolt 4.5, the three squadrons (No's 26, 31 and 77) are using the AVRE graphic and are listed as kampfgruppes with 12 men each, tracked, and flagged as demolition units (lost their bridging capability).

Wouldn't they also lose their ability to dig in? Whenever I try to dig in with a SF unit I get a message that Demolition units can't dig in.