• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
10-31-2009, 01:17 PM,
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.4
Taffy6 Wrote:Aaron, just wanted to say thanks for a great mod. The DF85 Bolt mod is fantastic and getting more fantastic.

BTW, you might also consider using the KG idea with the divisional and corps-level recon/cavalry formations too if the method works.

Kudos!

Taffy

Im 2 steps ahead of you ive already switched WP divisional Recon,Eng,AT and helo units to KG.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2009, 05:59 PM by Indragnir.)
I'm glad to watch the new direction of BOTB mod.

I'm eager for playing.

What about applying KG treatment to Dutch C/D qualilty uncombinable tank Bns? Danish uncombinable infantry companies? french/WG tank coys? to avoid the same fatigue penalty.

Bests
César
10-31-2009, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM by Aaron.)
I dont think the KG treatment is for everything, i went threw the WP tonight and changed all divisional Bns of recon and engineering plus the Soviet divisional level helo units to KG, but these are easy and make perfect sense. Thats all i changed on the WP side. As for the French Regts that have 3 com of AMX-10Ps and 1 of AMX-30 it also makes perfect sense to detach the AMX-30s so the Regt can combine and mark the AMX-30 company KG. But for the WGerman Bns that have 2 company Marder and 1 M-113 it does not make sense to detach the M-113 unit and mark it KG, what makes it so special that it gets the bonus but if you go break the 2 company Marder Bn down those companys dont. Same applies for the Dutch, the better way for the Dutch might be to just created a duplicate Bn and keep the 2 active 17 tank companys in it and in the other put the 2 reserve 13 tank companys in it. Not sure, it makes sense for recon,engineers and AT units plus some helo companys but i dont know about units consisting of all infantry or tanks.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
10-31-2009, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2009, 10:28 PM by Hans Boersma.)
tazaaron Wrote:Same applies for the Dutch, the better way for the Dutch might be to just created a duplicate Bn and keep the 2 active 17 tank companys in it and in the other put the 2 reserve 13 tank companys in it.

IMO only one sqn in a 4-sqn Dutch tank bn should be rated D. Two sqns were active duty, one was on Short Leave, which meant that it had been active duty anything from one day up to a maximum four or six months before. The fourth sqn was mob which meant it had been 20 months or longer since it had seen active duty.

Should you want to rate the Short Leave sqns D than this should be applied to one sqn/coy in every active tank and infantry battalion except those in 41 Pabrig.

Also: painfbats in pabrigs had 12xYPR-765 PRAT (TOW).

Hope this helps,

Hans
Send this user an email
11-01-2009, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2009, 04:05 AM by Aaron.)
Hans Boersma Wrote:
tazaaron Wrote:Same applies for the Dutch, the better way for the Dutch might be to just created a duplicate Bn and keep the 2 active 17 tank companys in it and in the other put the 2 reserve 13 tank companys in it.

IMO only one sqn in a 4-sqn Dutch tank bn should be rated D. Two sqns were active duty, one was on Short Leave, which meant that it had been active duty anything from one day up to a maximum four or six months before. The fourth sqn was mob which meant it had been 20 months or longer since it had seen active duty.

Should you want to rate the Short Leave sqns D than this should be applied to one sqn/coy in every active tank and infantry battalion except those in 41 Pabrig.

Also: painfbats in pabrigs had 12xYPR-765 PRAT (TOW).

Hope this helps,

Hans

Thanks Hans, theres only 4 Bns this effects in my oob and tell u the truth i think im just going to make them all a morale of C, its not like its gonna ruin the game but its the simple way. Thanks on the PRATs being 12 ill change that right now. So its 16 in the painfbrig and 12 in pabrigs

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
11-01-2009, 07:50 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:Thanks on the PRATs being 12 ill change that right now. So its 16 in the painfbrig and 12 in pabrigs

Yes, that's right. There were meant to be more TOWs but budget cuts got in the way. Which was an important reason to give tkbats in painfbrigs a fourth sqn.

Hans
Send this user an email
11-08-2009, 02:59 PM,
Is there a version 4.5 coming out?
11-08-2009, 07:25 PM,
Yes, indeed.

Jim, check your e-mail, you should have received an e-mail from me.

César
11-09-2009, 05:21 AM,
Yep, with my back being broken i havnt been running off to work to much so ive been spending alot of time in front of the cpu and with the second patch to WiTP AE coming out in the next two weeks im going to be busy playing it so im looking at this friday to post up 4.5 then i dont have to think about it while im bombing Pearl.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
11-09-2009, 08:23 AM,
Regarding Infantry Anti-Tank firepower:

Danish and Danadian infantry units are both armed w. the Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless Rifle and thus have an identical low HA and higher assault value according to your calculations. Yet the danish battalion level TOW antitank systems are currently not factored into the values or present as a counter in the scenario (the canadian battalion AT "platoon" of 18 vehicles are present as a seperate counter). Would it not be a good idea to raise the danish infantry HA values a point or two (of course only in TOW equipped battalions)or alternatively consolidate the battalion AT systems into two counters at brigade level (one equipped w. 16xLandrover TOWs and one w. 12xM113 TOWs)?
Send this user an email