• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
08-01-2009, 07:57 PM,
RE: Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
Nice info JDR you are inteligence or something??? Where did you get that map from???:)
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2009, 08:10 PM,
Spooky Wrote:Nice info JDR you are inteligence or something??? Where did you get that map from???:)

Most of it can be found in the report "Denmark in the Cold War" published by the Danish Institute for International Studies in 2005. Unfortunately it is in danish only.

Here are some of the relevant parts. You can still look at the maps ;)

http://www.diis.dk/graphics/Publications...r/KK52.pdf
Send this user an email
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM,
Ok, JDR, congrats you have convinced me, the next MC should cover the whole Denmark, the whole Austria (as i said before) and maybe expand it to reach until the north east of Italy (Venice) but doing this would have to deal with the problem of Yugoslavia... that it is not clear (for me at least) what would they do....
08-04-2009, 03:08 AM,
Ive read a bunch on Yugoslavia and think they would sit it out unless someone crossed their border. In the game since Nato is on the defence u put the Yugos on the side of Nato and fix every unit intill one is spotted than the whole Yugo army releases to stop the WP incursion, their would have to be a gentlemens rule that the Nato player wouldnt cross the border. I thought about doing this with Austria in the Bolt.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
08-04-2009, 05:56 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:Ive read a bunch on Yugoslavia and think they would sit it out unless someone crossed their border. In the game since Nato is on the defence u put the Yugos on the side of Nato and fix every unit intill one is spotted than the whole Yugo army releases to stop the WP incursion, their would have to be a gentlemens rule that the Nato player wouldnt cross the border. I thought about doing this with Austria in the Bolt.

Aaron

Yep, i also think that they would remain neutral, unless they were invaded, however, if NATO strikes first, i think that they would fight along with the WP, so i think that it would require some kind of engine change to make Yugoslavia aligned with the WP if they see first a NATO unit or allied with the NATO if they see first a WP unit...

It could perhaps be solutioned with the inclusion of two sides representing yugoslavia, one called "yugoslavia_allied" (fighting with the NATO) and the other one called "yugoslavia_wp" (fighting with the WP), and simply making two different scenarios, in one yug is allied with one, and in the other one is allied with the other.

What do you think?
08-04-2009, 06:31 AM,
I think you need a bigger map.:rolleyes:

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
08-04-2009, 05:42 PM,
^Yep, in fact i would like to see a new game covering the whole Austria (as more parts of Checoslovakia and Hungary), the whole Denmark, the North East part of Italy and the whole Slovenia.
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM,
Let me resurrect this thread to make a point about one of the possible and interesting but forgotten theatres of the ficticious war of 1985, and it would be... (roll drums) Thailand!!

Check their situation... they are (or were) friendly towards the US and they are surrounded by Burma in the west, which is very friendly towards China, China in the north, which is almost sure that they would attack, and Laos and Cambodia in the East, which... , well perhaps cambodia no due to the Vietnamese intervention on the khmer rouge and all of that, but anyway, i see, at least Laos attacking Thailand, don't you?

And think in Allies side, the would be the Royal Thai Army, the US reinforcements and even the modern australian army!!!

What do you think?