• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
07-21-2009, 06:42 AM,
Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
Hi to everybody, i would like to point out something, considering that both PzC and MC have been aproximately two years without a new tittle, it's very likely that in the next group of games released by HPS there will be a PzC or a MC or both.

So, making a bit of speculation what scenario do you think that is going to be released?

My bets/possibilites are:

Panzer Campaigns:
-Tunisia '43 (i think that it's the one that have more possibilities because they already searched the OOB for WSF and they have also the map, they have the main work done, only needing to change a couple of things)
-Berlin '45 (the one that i would like to see in a PzC game, with a bit of luck... who knows...)
-Yugoslavia '41 (The same as Tunisia, with the idea that they could cover the invasion of Greece and Albania by the Italian army in 1939)
-Operation Dragon '44 (the disembark of South of France, pretty easy to do IMO)
- Sevastopol '41 (another interesting East Front game.. don't you think?

Now for the modern campaigns (order from the ones that i would love to see to the ones that... i would like them... but not so much)
- Denmark, Austria, Italy & Slovenia '85 (IE, expand the whole map of Danube Front to cover the whole Denmark (at least the peninsula of Jutland until Aalborg), the rest of Austria (there are a lot of interesting Austrian units that have left out of the map, like all the Austrian attack helicopter units which most of them were/are based outside Wien) part of north eastern Italy, from... Venice to Trento or Milano for example and include part of Slovenia, here comes the issue about Yugoslavia... i've been thinking and there are three possibilities:
a) They remain completely neutral
b) They align theirself with the WAPA due to the fear of an invasion...
c) They are invaded by the WAPA making them to align with the NATO
oh! and they could "officially include the Hungarian Army

-Scandinavia '85 (covering the WP invasion of Finland, Sweden and Norway (member of NATO), i think that this one would be interesting also due to the armament of the different armies....

- Greece & Turkish Front '85 (the same, covering the invasion of Greece and Turkey by Bulgaria, Romania, USSR and Albania... about Turkey... it could be interesting to see what could be the position of Israel... in war versus Syria and Syria holding their lines until the Russians arrive through the east of Turkey....

- Cuba '85 (hey! why not?, don't you think that they would try to repeat the Cochinos Bay?)

- Taiwan '85 (Another one)

-South of Korea & West of Japan '85 (It would be interesting to see what would happen when the Koreans conquest South Korea with Chinese help and after that they launch a naval assault on Japan....

Those are my bets, the ones that would fulfill my dreams would be Denmark, Austria & Italy '85 and Berlin '45....

What do you think people?
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2009, 06:46 AM,
RE: Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
How about a Sino-Soviet war for MC's?
07-21-2009, 07:16 AM,
Kuwait '90
Iraq '03
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
07-21-2009, 08:13 AM,
Panzer Campaigns: I would really like the battle for the border between Germany and USSR covered, especially after reading 'The Bloody Triangle'
07-21-2009, 09:26 AM,
Panzer Campaigns:
Leningrad-Demyansk '41-42
Crimea '42
Little Saturn-Kharkov '43
Winter Line '43-44 (Cassino and Ortona)
Sigfried Line '44-45 (Lorraine, Hurtgen, Aachen, Nordwind and crossing of the Rhine)

Modern Campaigns:
Korean War
Gulf Wars (especially the Iran-Iraq war)
A Sino-Soviet war game, set either in '69 or nowadays.
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM,
For PzC, my vote goes to Tunisia 43.

For Modern Campaigns, well, what about Pakistan/India 2010 ? :)
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM,
For Panzer Campaigns I'd like to see Tunisia '43 or the Siegfried '44/45 which was a good suggestion. For Modern Campaigns I'd like to see that Scandinavia Campaign '85, though I'm sure I'd be happy with whatever they release in these two engines.
07-21-2009, 03:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM by Sgt Fury.)
MC: I'd like to see Iran 76 US invasion and Soviet intervention, and Iraqi invovlement too. Having the whole of Iran on a MC map might come in handy.

PzC: Warsaw 44 would be a good one, with partisan uprising and perhaps even room for some 1939 scenarios.

Fury
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM,
As for PZC:

- Poland 1939
- Warsaw 1944 the battle in and around Warsaw.
- Titles Covering Western or South Western Fronts from 22nd June 1941

And as for MC

- Vietnam 1972-1975 Easter Offensive and Fall of SVN
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM by P.Ako.)
James Ward Wrote:How about a Sino-Soviet war for MC's?

The problem that i see with this scenario in the 1985 "situation" is that it would be unrealistical, i mean, imagine that you're the USSR, and you know that you're going to start a war against the best armies of the world, the last thing you're going to want is a war in your backyard right?
On the other side... imagine that you're China, and you're going to start a war against the best armies of Asia and the world... you also don't want a war directly in your Back.

Not to mention that the map covering Manchukuo and so on... would be enormous, maybe the biggest map made for a PzC/MC and not to mention that the weaponry would be nearly identical (the USSR and the Chinese have almost identical weapons...)

MasnarT Wrote:Kuwait '90
Iraq '03
The problem with these is that the scenario would be small, at least for Kuwait, so i think that it would be better to leave those wars for Squad Battles.

Yorick Wrote:Panzer Campaigns:
Leningrad-Demyansk '41-42
Crimea '42
Little Saturn-Kharkov '43
Winter Line '43-44 (Cassino and Ortona)
Sigfried Line '44-45 (Lorraine, Hurtgen, Aachen, Nordwind and crossing of the Rhine)

Modern Campaigns:
Korean War
Gulf Wars (especially the Iran-Iraq war)
A Sino-Soviet war game, set either in '69 or nowadays.

About leningrad... unless you want to represent the encirclement of the city, good because to represent the siege, with this engine, the sooner or later you will finish conquering the city with the Germans.

Crimea = Sevastopol, as i suggested.
About the other ones, yes, they would be really interesting.

About the MC:

Korean Wars, unless you refer to the historical one, there is a MC covering the Korea war in 1985...

And about the Sino soviet War in 1969.. it would be a lot of feasible than the 1985 situation except for the map...

Spooky Wrote:As for PZC:

- Poland 1939
- Warsaw 1944 the battle in and around Warsaw.
- Titles Covering Western or South Western Fronts from 22nd June 1941

And as for MC

- Vietnam 1972-1975 Easter Offensive and Fall of SVN

The Polish PzC would be a good one, but there is no need to get two titles, just release one with two campaigns (one in 1939 and the other one in 1944) and it would be ok

About Vietnam... due to the warfare characteristic of Vietnam.... i think that it is better to leave them for the Squad Battles series.