• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
07-22-2009, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2009, 09:31 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
Well, 1985 for Austria is know in Danube front and Italy... i dont see Italy attacked by red troops because before they enter in the north italian troops go to the Austrian front (Switzerland isnt an option for Warsaw troops because terrain isnt the dream of a tank commander and air operations... only can use well helitroops and with NATO air power...). I think that MC in Europe are going to continue their way to the South, if they stop in West Turkey of continue to the Caucausus is the main question, we can see expeditionary forces in the battlefield from minor NATO powers (Portugal or Spain for example) helping turks and Greeks (i think that greeks needs more help but terrain limited the armor power and Italy can center in help Austria).

For Vietnam think that 72 and 75 campaigns where conventional wars where of course roads were very important, it could be a fight for the comunications with many impassable terrain for mechanized troops but not for foot troops.

Pacific Campaigns and WW1 Campaings, i want to see these 2 series but is so difficult, if PzC and Napoleon series (MC of course) are near of 3 years with no new titles create a new serie is more difficult, yes, HPS create Musket&Pike serie but changes are few (and i think that many can be added to NAP like the armor for the Currasiers and charge modificator). For Pacific only "big" operations has an option but time... allways is the time, in the Pacific we talk about months (Guadalcanal, Okinawa...) not days for an ofensive, they can divide the campaings in parts but is needed a save for the oob situation, a dinamic oob where you mantein troops and receive reinforcements and replacements.

WW1, Meggido is a good option because dont need great changes in the engine, is like a blitzkrieg in the middle East but with horses not tanks and they can add other battles in the middle East ;)

But we are in the same situation that 2 months ago, no PzC/MC/NAP and if these title who "only" need oob/map/art work dont have new titles see new series with "new" engine is a little difficult, now is the SB and ACW time :hissy:
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2009, 01:27 AM,
Take the MC Danube series back 40 years - US/UK vs Russians in 1945?

Larry
07-23-2009, 02:05 AM,
Well, place it in the 40 decade is more close to PzC but 50-60 is another thing. Oooo i find that nobody says a possible MC title "Red Dawn" with an hipotetical invasion of USA by Soviets with the help of Cuba and... Mexico Big Grin

The good thing with MC is that the serie has a less historical problems than PzC, you can create the situation that you want to recreate for example you can create the "Red Storm Rising" situation and create a title covering the soviet attack to Iran-Irak with USA/Israel troops and some strange allies like Iran Irak Siria.... :smoke:
07-23-2009, 04:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2009, 07:26 PM by P.Ako.)
Xaver Wrote:Well, 1985 for Austria is know in Danube front and Italy... i dont see Italy attacked by red troops because before they enter in the north italian troops go to the Austrian front (Switzerland isnt an option for Warsaw troops because terrain isnt the dream of a tank commander and air operations... only can use well helitroops and with NATO air power...). I think that MC in Europe are going to continue their way to the South, if they stop in West Turkey of continue to the Caucausus is the main question, we can see expeditionary forces in the battlefield from minor NATO powers (Portugal or Spain for example) helping turks and Greeks (i think that greeks needs more help but terrain limited the armor power and Italy can center in help Austria).

Ok, but what about the issue o Yugoslavia??, as i said earlier it's a total mistery what would happen with them, also the funniest part of the battle for Austria would be the defense of Wien, which is another part left out from the actual games.

EDIT: BTW, i think that a tittle covering Greece and the west of Turkey would be interesting, specially thinking about the amphibious assaults that the WP would do.
There could be even a second title covering the Soviet invasion on Turkey by their frontier on the Caucasus.

xaver Wrote:WW1, Meggido is a good option because dont need great changes in the engine, is like a blitzkrieg in the middle East but with horses not tanks and they can add other battles in the middle East ;)

Hey! it could be good!!!

xaver Wrote:But we are in the same situation that 2 months ago, no PzC/MC/NAP and if these title who "only" need oob/map/art work dont have new titles see new series with "new" engine is a little difficult, now is the SB and ACW time :hissy:

Unfortunately, you're right....

Xaver Wrote:Well, place it in the 40 decade is more close to PzC but 50-60 is another thing. Oooo i find that nobody says a possible MC title "Red Dawn" with an hipotetical invasion of USA by Soviets with the help of Cuba and... Mexico Big Grin

It could be easily modable in Danube Front if you get enough info about the OOB in one exact year.
07-23-2009, 05:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2009, 05:00 AM by Al.)
Quote:...i find that nobody says a possible MC title "Red Dawn" with an hipotetical invasion of USA by Soviets with the help of Cuba and... Mexico

That's an intriguing idea. cheers
07-23-2009, 05:22 AM,
Al Wrote:
Quote:...i find that nobody says a possible MC title "Red Dawn" with an hipotetical invasion of USA by Soviets with the help of Cuba and... Mexico

That's an intriguing idea. cheers

Reminds me of a boardgame I use to play ...
07-23-2009, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2009, 07:29 PM by P.Ako.)
Xaver Wrote:Well, place it in the 40 decade is more close to PzC but 50-60 is another thing. Oooo i find that nobody says a possible MC title "Red Dawn" with an hipotetical invasion of USA by Soviets with the help of Cuba and... Mexico Big Grin

I admit that, inspired by the Fallout universe i thought about a possible invasion of Alaska by the USSR in the 1985 scenario....

EDIT: BTW, i think that a tittle covering Greece and the west of Turkey would be interesting, specially thinking about the amphibious assaults that the WP would do.
There could be even a second title covering the Soviet invasion on Turkey by their frontier on the Caucasus.
07-30-2009, 04:22 PM,
Hey! I've been thinking about... a Japan 85 scenario, and it could be funny don't you think? An amphibious assault by the Chinese in the west coast of Japan accompanied later by another amphibious assault made by the Russians in the north of Japan (According to Korea '85 history the Chinese and the Russians were not allied, but they were in the same side against NATO)

What do you think?
07-31-2009, 05:43 AM,
All I want is a continuation of the Danube 85 map which includes the rest of Denmark and Austria. That's all- I'll do the rest. You've done it before with the addition of the Berlin segment to NGP, so please HPS stop making us have to abstract amphibious & airborne invasions and the Austrian plain.

I know that the mountainous parts of Austria and Scandinavia aren't going to work in the map engine as it currently stands, but arguably the 'missing' parts of Eastern Austria and Denmark should have been in the original release.

Easy for me to say as I won't be generating the map.
07-31-2009, 03:12 PM,
My vote:

The Korean War '50-'53
Tunisia '43

Ben