• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

quality fatigue modifier
07-15-2009, 08:05 AM,
RE: quality fatigue modifier
Yes for fatigue but not for actual physical losses.

Cav
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2009, 08:59 AM,
I'm playing the French right now In F40 campaign with QFM and it seems like the German panzers need no rest. 1st, 2nd and 10th panzer have been pushing hard for 48 hours without respite and it doesn't seem like they need any. Jonny
07-15-2009, 11:45 AM,
cavalry corps Wrote:Yes for fatigue but not for actual physical losses.

Cav

Cav,

I agree. I would say actual losses are not the point. Morale is the point of the QFM OR. Morale is tied to unit cohesion and performance as a unit. Thus with the QFM, losses have a smaller effect on the overall unit. Call it elan, professional solders, or cold blooded. The shock of losses for units with greater than C morale (quality) does not affect the unit's performance. This is what QFM should be modeling.

Jonny,
Physical rest is a misnomer with PzC fatigue. Physical exhaustion is only a small component in PzC unit fatigue. Fatigue in PzC is related to the stress on a unit to fight like a unit and not as individuals. Higher fatigue, less unit cohesion (easier to disrupt) and less performance, (higher casualties, lessened ability to assault, etc.).

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-16-2009, 12:16 AM,
"Physical rest is a misnomer with PzC fatigue."
Not when you accumulate fatigue for night movement. With QFM A & B units may seemingly move for weeks on end without stopping for sleep. Maybe this is an accurate simulation. I don't know. Jonny
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2009, 12:39 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
jonnymacbrown Wrote:"Physical rest is a misnomer with PzC fatigue."
Not when you accumulate fatigue for night movement. With QFM A & B units may seemingly move for weeks on end without stopping for sleep. Maybe this is an accurate simulation. I don't know. Jonny

When doing non-tactical movements people not physically driving vehicles can sleep in the back/in the gunners seat etc. and usually you have more than one person qualified for driving the given vehicle among the squad/crew, so you can switch a bit. I know I certainly used to :cheeky:
Send this user an email
07-16-2009, 12:58 AM,
Yes but I'm not talking about non-tactical movement. I'm talking about fighting your way from one end of the board to the other without stopping. Jonny
07-16-2009, 01:42 AM,
jonnymacbrown Wrote:Yes but I'm not talking about non-tactical movement. I'm talking about fighting your way from one end of the board to the other without stopping. Jonny

Dunno. I have never witnessed that behaviour personally, but then I only play MC, not PzC.
Send this user an email
07-18-2009, 08:18 AM,
play the minsk game...GTA-the guards attack and the poor germans fight there way all the way across the board to borisov-a fun scenario...you just have to suck it up and realize, as the germans that you have 5k vps in the bank. I think its a great VM alt and a good example of both sides fighting across an entire board.