• Downloads

quality fatigue modifier
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM,
quality fatigue modifier
Do only A & B units get this bonus? JM
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM,
RE: quality fatigue modifier
Yes, and D, E and F get a negative modifier.

Fury
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM,
Which gives the German Army in F40 a tremendous edge. Oh well, it's still a long way to Abbeville!
07-09-2009, 03:07 PM,
jonnymacbrown Wrote:Which gives the German Army in F40 a tremendous edge. Oh well, it's still a long way to Abbeville!

Well, it is an Optional Rule - but seriously - given what the Germans did historically given the with the relative size of the French, Belgian, British and a bit of the Dutch vs the Germans. Originally I had thought to not rate the Germans that high but I felt I had to given the quality ratings that were being applied to the French - otherwise any chance of the historical outcome would have been impossible.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-10-2009, 03:02 AM,
I agree completely. Well thought out Glenn! Jonny
07-10-2009, 05:37 AM,
Just to add a bit more: The historical campaign where the German Army defeated the French, British, Belgian and Dutch armies in 10 days is probably the greatest feat of arms in world history. I can't think of anything that compares with it. I'm playing the French now is the historical multi-strategy game 0510_91 and the Belgian Army is tough! They have a lot of guns and are really mobile. Any rule that gives the Germans at least an opportunity to replicate the historical outcome is welcome. Thanks again for the rule. J
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM,
Id take operation bagration over the defeat of the brits/and french as a better feat of arms ;)
07-13-2009, 01:12 AM,
raizer Wrote:Id take operation bagration over the defeat of the brits/and french as a better feat of arms ;)

I wouldn't. By 1944 AGC was bled white (like the rest of the German forces in Russia) and the Soviets had huge advantages in almost every category versus AGC. As compared to France 1940 where the Germans were inferior to the French in almost every category except doctrine.
07-13-2009, 04:54 AM,
It is a shame the the QFM ( which is excellent) does not also boost defence

better troops and tanks ( especially ) know how to handle attacks better at the moment it does not matter if you are are F or A you still suffer the same ( although with this you take less fatigue ) .

If there was better defence for armour depending on quality it would save a lot of arguments over defensive values.

cav
07-15-2009, 06:08 AM,
cavalry corps Wrote:It is a shame the the QFM ( which is excellent) does not also boost defence

better troops and tanks ( especially ) know how to handle attacks better at the moment it does not matter if you are are F or A you still suffer the same ( although with this you take less fatigue ) .

If there was better defence for armour depending on quality it would save a lot of arguments over defensive values.

cav

I would say the lessened fatigue accumulation for QFM on better quality troops does enhance defense. I think you answered your own issue.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp