• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Total war in europe sourhern front
06-22-2009, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Total war in europe sourhern front
von Schwarz has a good idea also and if you know how to do it, wouldn't have to use gentlemen's agreement. Sid Meiers' Gettysburg had some scenarios with fixed units that if you activated this bde, it would cost you 200 VPs. Some were also set that the later you activated the bde the less VPs it would cost you. I just wish the game was more detailed like War in the Pacific. You get to decide where all your new tanks, men, etc each month go, whether as replacements to units, replacement pool for later use or create new units. That's just me tho.
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2009, 12:31 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:Not a bad idea. Would these events work like the "Strategic Options" in PzC, except maybe a little more abstract? Each side chooses from several options. The game would then match these choices at the right time and determine the effect on the NA campaign. Perhaps increased/decreased forces on future turn or supply changes for both sides.

Dog Soldier

Yes for example... each side would have different events available for each
theater of operation. In North Africa we could see the German having the possibility
-to upgrade units (to a certain cost in victory point like OJW was suggesting)
-arrival of reinforcement
-a better commitment of the Italian Navy
-increase logistic
- etc...
I am sure we could find many more events in two categories: what we choose to use as a player and what just happen (depending of what is going on on the battlefield or an outside event [historical or probable]).
Send this user an email
06-23-2009, 02:55 AM,
Strategy Options (SO) are certainly going to have to play their part. So is player integrity/probity. As at this stage I can't bring dead units back in to the game. So the only way is to provide several SO's every so often for each player that will allow key units back in to the game. Example, have you lost the 7th Armoured Brigade? If yes then here is a new cadre that will come in to the game and the player will be able to spend replacement points to rebuild it back up to strength. So unless we have honest players we may end up with multiple 7th Armoured Brigades. But the general idea of using SO's holds for numerous areas of the game that just aren't in the rules body *yet*.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Keep them coming. My copy of the game finally arrived today (things take a while to get to Australia for some strange reason....). So I can actually start puting stuff together soon. My plan at this stage is to get say a 1941-1942 desert war scenario going, and if successful build on that. That is broaden the scope as time permits, and HPS may make life easier as we go forward by helping with UER parameters or allowing dead units to be rebuilt.

Thanks for the input. cheers