• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Microsoft goes too far
06-16-2009, 06:57 AM,
RE: Microsoft goes too far
What a mess!! Every day I go on line via Webmail which uses Internet Explorer 7 and refuse the option to upgrade to IE8 with its problems.
I then delete any Spam, read and delete emails then go to Outlook Express which contains my address book.
I do not go to Outlook, Firefox or Thunderbird where I must learn new routines and, doubtless, find new problems.
Fortunately I get replies to my complaints from you guys (thank you all) but they do not appear on the CS Forum board.
To find that 143 people have read my tirade I have to go to Forums,The Parade ground, General Discussions !
Thanks Raz and Anton but I wish this important discussion was on the CS board too asd it would surely interest my mates of many years campaigning
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM,
Pip Roberts Wrote:Fortunately I get replies to my complaints from you guys (thank you all) but they do not appear on the CS Forum board.
To find that 143 people have read my tirade I have to go to Forums,The Parade ground, General Discussions !
Thanks Raz and Anton but I wish this important discussion was on the CS board too asd it would surely interest my mates of many years campaigning

Pip,
The CS forums are for discussion of CS related subjects. This General Discussion forum is the location for general discussions, such as you bring forth here.
I'm sorry you are having your issues with Microsoft's browser and their update. But, there is a way to transfer your address book to the new browser? You just may need to wade through the information on the update, or research it at the Microsoft "updates" website and forums?

Good luck with your problem.

RR
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM,
Jim;

As a general rule, you are free to post anything you like within the limits of good taste on the CS boards, but if someone takes exception and complains about something being OT, the Moderators will usually move the offending post. Looking through the Mod logs that's what happened here. If you would like to discuss that further I encourage you to do so with the CS Moderators. Sorry about your problems and your taking exception to having your thread moved.

For the Blitz;

Paul
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM,
Thanks Paul. I did not understand and agree entirely with your decision to move to general discussion.
I am surprised at how many ways there are to go online and guess that everyone has to choose their own path
I have been surprised to see that others have had various dislikes and problems so it's not just me.
Thanks for the great job you do. It's time I got back to gaming