• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Testing two scenarios in H2H
06-29-2009, 10:28 PM,
RE: Testing two scenarios in H2H
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:I was told that in reality 2 squads fit in a truck.

Whoever told you that is mistaken.

The majority of trucks in WW2 could carry one fully equipped squad, which is about 10 men.

A single infantry SP in CS is 5 men. Before the transport fix a platoon of infantry 6 SP (30 men) had to be loaded into 6 SP's of trucks
(6 trucks with a capaicty of 10 men each or 60 men total).

The game required double the number of transports to carry a single squad than in actuallity.

This has now been fixed as 2 SP of infantry now fit into 1 SP of trucks.

As Hub stated Curt. Nothing artificial about it. Better accuracy.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2009, 10:55 PM by Kool Kat.)
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:Note that the correct files are only in the regular scenario depot and have to be downloaded there. Unfortunately the "approved" section on the H2H page does not draw from the same table as the scenario depot and the files there are still the old files.

It would be wise to also send the right files to the custodian of the H2H page.

I hope this issue will be corrected with the new website.

Huib

Gents:

I sent an email to Darran (Foul) with the corrected game files and asked him to update the Approved H2H Scenario database.

Once that is complete, all Blitz scenario databases will have the correct version of the "A Deadly Meet" game files. Big Grin

Suggest all players download "A Deadly Meet" game files from the Blitz scenario database:

"A Deadly Meet" Game Files (Correct Version)

Again, I apologize for any confusion. :chin:

cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-29-2009, 11:20 PM,
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:The game required double the number of transports to carry a single squad than in actuallity.

That is correct and the rationale behind the revision. 2 SP, or 1 squad, fits in a truck. 2 SP fits in 1 SP of trucks.

Weapon platoons typically still require the amount of trucks as there are SP's. 4 SP of 105mm will require 4 trucks.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-30-2009, 12:53 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:The game required double the number of transports to carry a single squad than in actuallity.

That is correct and the rationale behind the revision. 2 SP, or 1 squad, fits in a truck. 2 SP fits in 1 SP of trucks.

Weapon platoons typically still require the amount of trucks as there are SP's. 4 SP of 105mm will require 4 trucks.

Jason Petho

Actually this was what I was told. I just mistook 1sp for 1 squad.
Sorry for drifting off topic.
06-30-2009, 01:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2009, 02:32 AM by Kool Kat.)
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:Sorry for drifting off topic.

Apology accepted Huib. :) And now; in an effort to get "on topic," still looking for a few more play testers for "Plug a Hole!" :chin:

Hope this sparks your interest. :smoke:

Plug a Hole!
26 June, 1944
Mike West

[10km E of Mogilev]: [H2H] [HISB] [GD] : In the decisive battle of the summer, 166 divisions of four Russian army groups attacked German Army Group Center at six separate points in Belorussia, with orders to sweep toward Minsk. (Operation Bagration) The German plan was to tie down Russian strength with do-or-die stands at four towns: Vitebsk, Orsha, Mogilev and Bobruisk. On June 26th, General Zakharov's Second Belorussian Front and units of the Third Belorussian Front attacked the fortified towns of Orsha and Mogilev, supported by ground attack aircraft of the Fourth Air Army. Two divisions of General Kurt von Tippelskirch's Fourth Army were destroyed and the remainder were falling back in chaos and confusion. Tippelskirch ordered one of his reserve units, the Feldherrnhalle Panzer Grenadier Division to rush forward and plug "the hole east of Mogilev." The division commander, Major General von Steinkeller, promptly reported; "Precisely what hole are you supposed to stop? We've got nothing but holes here." It was going to be a long and bloody day for the panzer grenadiers.

"Plug a Hole!" is a Complexity 4 meeting engagement / delaying action that features significant AFV assets, infantry, self propelled artillery, and aircraft (Russian only). Victory conditions are dependent on units destroyed and exited (Russian only). Terrain is ideal tank country with some hills, orchards, scattered woods, and a paved road that intersects the middle of the battlefield. To win, the German must delay the Russian from exiting the map while inflicting Russian casualties. On the other hand, the Russian must advance forward, extract his own German casualties and push to exit his units in order to win. [ALL: N EA: N VV]

121 units total
No reinforcements
20 turns
8x ground attack aircraft (Russian)
German moves first

Register and download "Plug a Hole!" game files here

cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-01-2009, 06:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2009, 06:49 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents:

Plug a Hole! first round of testing is winding down and initial playtester feedback has been very positive! Big Grin

"A serious map that gives endless possibilities for both the offense and defense... for both sides."

"Interesting unit mix."

"It's a lot of fun in a small package."

"The size of the map causes some quick action to take place!"

"Good mix! Has plenty of armor and infantry action."

"Was a very enjoyable scenario... lots of tanks and infantry working together."

"It's more of a straight forward get after each other scenario."

Maybe it's time for you to experience your own fun with this scenario? :chin:

Take Plug a Hole! out for a test run today! :smoke:
Send this user an email
07-07-2009, 11:23 AM,
Congratulations Mike...you suck!!! (:O)

Naaaah...great stuff...and nice work...
It will probably be many months before I get either of my new scenarios cleared and off the H2H section...so I am jealous...sigh...

I especially enjoyed hot seating "Deadly Meet" and found it to be a nice quick hitter.

Good work...keep it up!
Beautiful map!
I've been told I could take a lesson or two on making maps...you got any spare time on your hands? Toast

Excellent work my friend.

Regards,

Dan

ps: On trucks and troops. There are some instances in which you may or may not choose to have more transports than troops. Such as long games, or games where you expect trucks to do multiple duty amongst multiple battalions.
You don't have to pare down your transports unless you feel it makes the game better.
07-08-2009, 12:11 AM,
Hi Dan! :cool:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :cool:

Once the current round of Plug a Hole! play testing concludes, I am contemplating only minor tweaking and polishing to get it to H2H worthy status.

Many thanks to all play testers! cheers
Send this user an email
07-08-2009, 01:07 PM,
Our (Scud and me) game looks to be finished within a week. Sorry for the delay mid-way.Also I will say this is THE funnest H2H scenario I have played so far. I have only played 2 or 3 though...

Lookin' good,

Dan
"And the world did gaze, in deep amaze, at those stout-hearted men, but few,
Who bore the fight that freedom's light might shine through the foggy dew"
-Peadar Kearney, "The Foggy Dew"

07-08-2009, 08:40 PM,
Filthy-Missile Wrote:Also I will say this is THE funnest H2H scenario I have played so far.

Lookin' good,

Dan

Hi Dan! Big Grin

That is the best accolade a scenario designer can receive! :bow:

Many thanks! cheers
Send this user an email