• Downloads

Testing two scenarios in H2H
06-14-2009, 12:29 AM,
Testing two scenarios in H2H
**Plug a Hole!

** A Deadly Meet

These two scenarios are worth a try.
Both are works in progress.
Both are fun quick games that have interesting twists and turns.
Both could use ratings and comments that help the designer to adjust the game(s) and make them better. :chin:

The more varied the testing group the better the design? We wouldn't want the scenarios to just "fit" certain player styles?

Please give them a try so that they can move out of the H2H area?
Mike needs to make room for some MrRoadrunner stuff that I may upload to see if they can get through testing. :smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2009, 05:54 AM,
RE: Testing two scenarios in H2H
Agreed Ed the more the members try them out the more scenarios they have to play.Guys you keep crying out for new games scenarios go to the H2H section playtest get them sorted and bingo new scenarios for all.Dont forget a lot of time and effort has gone into all the designers work so please make an effort to give it a try.
06-14-2009, 07:42 AM,
Scud and myself started "Plug a Hole" today!
"And the world did gaze, in deep amaze, at those stout-hearted men, but few,
Who bore the fight that freedom's light might shine through the foggy dew"
-Peadar Kearney, "The Foggy Dew"

06-15-2009, 02:54 AM,
Hi Ed,

I'm game for either one of those test scenarios if you would like.

Regards,

Eric
06-15-2009, 04:37 AM,
Thanks guys your help is most welcome.:bow:
06-15-2009, 04:55 AM,
Gents:

"A Deadly Meet" - my first H2H scenario has been classed as H2H worthy! Big Grin

Many thanks to all playtesters! cheers

Your end game reports and email comments have helped to improve this scenario. Three versions later, "A Deadly Meet" is a much better game that not only "plays better," but is more "balanced." :smoke:

All current play testers - please look to conclude your test games in the next few days. I will review your final end game reports and make any additional revisions (if needed) to my scenario.

I plan to move "A Deadly Meet" to the approved scenario list by the end of this week.

Still looking for some more play testers for "Plug a Hole!" :smoke:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-15-2009, 05:36 AM,
mwest Wrote:Gents:

"A Deadly Meet" - my first H2H scenario has been classed as H2H worthy! Big Grin

Many thanks to all playtesters! cheers

Your end game reports and email comments have helped to improve this scenario. Three versions later, "A Deadly Meet" is a much better game that not only "plays better," but is more "balanced." :smoke:

All current play testers - please look to conclude your test games in the next few days. I will review your final end game reports and make any additional revisions (if needed) to my scenario.

I plan to move "A Deadly Meet" to the approved scenario list by the end of this week.

Still looking for some more play testers for "Plug a Hole!" :smoke:

Congratulations. Before approving it you could consider reducing the 6 sp trucks/HT to 3sp as 3 sp is sufficient to carry 6p inf. It is a small thing I know, but I thought I'd mention it.

Looking at the org file with so many "independent" units, you probably created it in a bit of a time time consuming way (selecting individual platoons instead of companies to fill up your Battalion). I would rename "independent unit" to "1. Platoon, 2. Platoon" etc. It is just a cosmetic thing. The scn looks nice, even if I haven't played it (yet)

Huib
06-15-2009, 06:06 AM,
Well done Mike and Huib is correct with the transports think of it as 18 points not lossed if attacked.
06-15-2009, 10:38 PM,
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:Congratulations. Before approving it you could consider reducing the 6 sp trucks/HT to 3sp as 3 sp is sufficient to carry 6p inf. It is a small thing I know, but I thought I'd mention it.

Looking at the org file with so many "independent" units, you probably created it in a bit of a time time consuming way (selecting individual platoons instead of companies to fill up your Battalion). I would rename "independent unit" to "1. Platoon, 2. Platoon" etc. It is just a cosmetic thing. The scn looks nice, even if I haven't played it (yet)

Huib

Good suggestions Huib! :)

I'll incorporate these changes into the final scenario. :smoke:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-16-2009, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2009, 08:33 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents:

Please note that even though "A Deadly Meet" has been classed H2H worthy, I plan to conduct a little more revision work on it.

Many thanks to all play testers! cheers
Send this user an email