• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Testing two scenarios in H2H
06-16-2009, 09:16 AM,
RE: Testing two scenarios in H2H
Boisforas at your service, gentlemen. I would be up to test any of the above scenarios with whom ever accepts this challenge. [email protected]
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2009, 04:06 PM,
I just downloaded **A Deadly Meet but I noticed that in this version not only the trucks are halved (which is OK) but also their passengers. I assume the latter was not the intention?
In the editor the designer should have unloaded the passengers, then reduce trucks and then reload the passengers. I guess the numbers were cut while loaded.

Huib
06-25-2009, 04:51 AM,
Good catch Herr Huib. :thumbs_up:
Mike is on vacation and will most likely see your post when he gets back. I'm a sure he can make those changes. :smoke:

cheers

RR
06-28-2009, 06:29 AM,
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:I just downloaded **A Deadly Meet but I noticed that in this version not only the trucks are halved (which is OK) but also their passengers. I assume the latter was not the intention?
In the editor the designer should have unloaded the passengers, then reduce trucks and then reload the passengers. I guess the numbers were cut while loaded.

Huib

Huib:

Thank you for the "heads up" on the halved passengers in "A Deadly Meet." :cool:

Still learning scenario designer! :chin:

I've made the corrections to "A Deadly Meet" and uploaded the revised game files (June 27, 2009)

I have just returned from vacation and saw your posting + email.

Suggest that any players who have downloaded "A Deadly Meet" game files prior to June 27, 2009, to delete your current games and download the revised 1mwest.zip files.

My apologies for any confusion. :bow:

cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-29-2009, 03:48 AM,
Note that the correct files are only in the regular scenario depot and have to be downloaded there. Unfortunately the "approved" section on the H2H page does not draw from the same table as the scenario depot and the files there are still the old files.

It would be wise to also send the right files to the custodian of the H2H page.

I hope this issue will be corrected with the new website.

Huib
06-29-2009, 05:01 AM,
Being as I am a fuddy duddy, I have kept to the old 6 inf to 6 trucks formula...the extras are carrying ammo, food, old pianos and loot & booty, etc. Can anyone enlighten me as to why that was changed? Halve the trucks, double their value. Stacking is a subjective thing anyway...huh?
cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
06-29-2009, 06:45 AM,
6 sp trucks lead to a lot of (annoying in terms of gameplay) clutter on the battlefield. Supply columns are not represented in the game, nor are field kitchens. So no need to keep the extra trucks as even with the halved values there are often already more trucks than in reality.
06-29-2009, 07:50 AM,
Huib,
In my games, God forbid, I always opt for voluntary evacuation of trucks...and for that matter any unit one may desire. Sometimes, I think, I should withdraw myself.

This is a change that has been made to accomodate people who want to make artificial restrictions to what is allowed in the game. I find that...disturbing. We are not playing, so that we might not do what we are allowed to do by the game, are we?

Of course, I could be wrong and misguided. Am I?

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
06-29-2009, 08:24 AM,
...to follow up...
...I really have to say...whenever I propose allowing voluntary unit evacuation from the map...I haven't an objection yet.

Shall we put that to a poll?
Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM,
I was told that in reality 2 squads fit in a truck. The change only applies to infantry not to other weapons so there is nothing artificial about it IMO.

Every designer is free to place how many trucks he wants. The good thing with the new double capacity is that you are not forced anymore to use many more trucks than were needed in reality to carry a certain amount of soldiers.