• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB: Dien Bien Phu Released
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM by Nikb.)
RE: SB: Dien Bien Phu Released
TheBigRedOne Wrote:As for the graphics, that's a tough one, and a sentiment I actually do agree with. Fact is, we've been spoiled by IronX's graphics work, but keep in mind that graphics for a commercial release aren't free. Andrew's pumping out really killer stuff, but he's doing it on his own time, and with the idea of selling those skills to the greater wargaming community. It's his investment towards a commercial wargame graphic design free-lance career, so of course he's going to go all out on his graphics enhancements. Smart business move, really.

There's a cost involved for the commercial graphics, and I'd imagine with a limited budget, most of the money goes towards the coding for the engine changes, where coding is a premium cost. There's always a tradeoff. I'd rather have more games produced with slightly less flashy graphics, than having one game every 5 years with killer graphics. Just my opinion, of course.

Excellent post Alan.

I'm a big fan of upgrading graphics but if it came to a choice I would much rather have more games with slightly lesser graphics quality. It is a real strength of the Tiller series and I'm very grateful for the continuity in the series and breadth of titles.

If I remember rightly some changes have been made. The one that comes to mind are better defined trench graphics. I could be wrong on that front but I think that is the case.

This is another good title and I would urge anybody that is keen on the SB series to grab it. I find it complements the TOW and Vietnam titles that have previously been published.

There are some pretty tough attritional battles in DPB. Great fun and well designed.
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2009, 12:35 AM,
RE: SB: Dien Bien Phu Released
The game's been out for 10 days or so by now. The first game is on the ladder and several folks have been searching for DBP games.

So, what's the impression of the game thus-far? Are you satisfied with the depth and scope of the scenarios? Any complaints thus far?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply