• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Loads Quits Fails?
05-09-2009, 01:41 PM,
RE: Loads Quits Fails?
If you are playing a full security game I would say you have a 90% chance of losing the game. What I do is wait until the game is done and don't take any new games (unless basic) until it is done; or if the game is far along and the outcome is written on the wall ask my opponent if they would agree to an outcome. The guys I play against (all great egg heads...er chaps) have always been accommodating.

But if you are in mid battle with things flowing back and forth I would say hold off to be on the safe side. But you could always try rolling the dice too...FEELING LUCKY, PUNK (no insult, just quoting Clint Eastwood).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2009, 02:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2009, 02:07 PM by RightDeve.)
My God! 90%???
I can not just accept this! I'm running two WinSPWW2 PBeM and they are mid battles, no result, no prophecies, no forecasting. It's still blind. I'm so unlucky... And I cannot just give up the game. I will not play any one of those all back from start again...
The really bad news is, the computer I'm currently using for playing PBeM will be far off my hand, taken by someone hundred miles away next Tuesday. Now, it ain't fun nor I'm able, to finish two-45 turns PBeM games in just 3 days...
Anybody has a good news for me?

Well, I'm going to try to tweak the computer's data, registry, etc. to keep it running!!!

PS: To those my opponents, I'm really sorry that this sudden disaster happened. But I won't end the game lest I've tried it and proved to be useless at all. Thank you.
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
05-10-2009, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2009, 05:37 AM by Cross.)
RightDeve Wrote:The really bad news is, the computer I'm currently using for playing PBeM will be far off my hand, taken by someone hundred miles away next Tuesday. Now, it ain't fun nor I'm able, to finish two-45 turns PBeM games in just 3 days...
Anybody has a good news for me?

Well, I'm going to try to tweak the computer's data, registry, etc. to keep it running!!!

RD,
I'm not clear on your problem. Is someone borrowing your PC, or perhaps you have been using a borrowed PC?

Can't you give them another, better, PC? You could buy one on Craigslist, there's some good computers for less than $100.