• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Loads Quits Fails?
05-05-2009, 02:47 AM,
Loads Quits Fails?
I don't know id this has been addressed before or not but I have a game going where we are on turn 3 and yet I'm showing 003 loads 102 quits 503 fails (even thow I haven't reloaded one time) my opponent 202 loads 302 quits 002 fails, my opponent, shall we was curious about this, I know I've seen the counters go screwey before but its never been an issue what causes this anyone know? :conf:
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2009, 04:32 AM,
RE: Loads Quits Fails?
I've seem it once when i had extracted the files but didn't play the turn , not even opened the turn .
And next day extracted them again .
Nbrs went off the scale.
Had a very understanding opponent :bow:
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
05-05-2009, 06:09 AM,
that can easily happen. If I run REGCURE (cleans out all the crap left by programs and surfing in the registry) it nukes the SP counter and I get this. If I run Window Washer it does this. If I extract the game and don't play it, and accidentally extract again lets say the next day it happens.

The security feature is nice, but until it is fool proof it is rather moot.

It is not any evidence of cheating at all. Same as in TOAW, if you open a report file of the previous turns battle to read what happens it flashes an "opponent may have reloaded" message to your opponent, yet reading the file is part of the game.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM,
often it can happen if you have a problem with the game and it crashes, or also if you accidentally turns off the computer, anything which shuts the prog down.

I can show if your opp is cheating but the numbers useually have to be waay out for that. it would only be if one player was showing all sorts of strange counter numbers.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
05-08-2009, 05:18 AM,
I believe that I have also seen this when playing an opponent with a different version than me.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

05-09-2009, 01:42 AM,
Well, is that will also happen if I change the computer running WinSPWW2?
I mean I want to change the machine to run WinSPWW2 but currently have a PBeM game going... So I have to back-up all the PBeM files then install WinSPWW2 to the new computer, will anything happen?
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
05-09-2009, 03:31 AM,
RightDeve Wrote:Well, is that will also happen if I change the computer running WinSPWW2?
I mean I want to change the machine to run WinSPWW2 but currently have a PBeM game going... So I have to back-up all the PBeM files then install WinSPWW2 to the new computer, will anything happen?

It deppends on the Security level of the game. If You have chosen None or BASIC PBEM Security, then You can reinstall WinSPWW2 or change puters etc. However, if FULL PBEM Security has been set, then there could be problems, like the Fail counter going up or even refusing to load the turn, as far as I know. Could somebody confirm this? I am not 100% sure.

Cheers
Michael
05-09-2009, 04:20 AM,
Full security will not allow you to change computers or installs.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
05-09-2009, 09:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2009, 09:59 AM by Weasel.)
Vesku is right, even a format on a full security game will kill the game even if you back up the files before hand. Trust me, it has happened to me at least twice now.

If basic security then you can format, change computers etc and carry on.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-09-2009, 10:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM by RightDeve.)
Unbelievable!
Now, what should I do to continue playing PBeM? For some really serious reasons I should leave the computer I'm using currently for playing PBeM. And that can't be changed! Now what the hell should I do? I can not just give up the game, can I?
Oh, what a problem....

Well, maybe someone can tell If the effect won't be so serious. I mean what if I still can be able to play the game though minor errors occured?
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----