Steel God needs some thinking:)

Although we all mean it well.

cheers

Andrew
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2009, 04:51 AM,
RE: The Future of the SA Forum and Ladder
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:Paul,

From my brief time running this ladder I can tell you the reason for the *apparent* lack of activity is due to the length of scenarios in Uncommon Valour & War in The Pacific (the two games I play).

I am presently playing 4 FULL campaigns of WiTP which run from 07/12/41 to 15/08/45 which means that it will take me well over 2 years complete (even if I play @ 3 moves a day !).

So I ask that the ladder not be deleted but maybe listed as a sub ladder somwehere else.

Thanks

Toni

You are so correct Antoni.
Paul might have forgotten this:
With the above tables a player measured on multiple ladders may be comparable to one who games only one ladder? For those on the UV ladder they will finally get recognition for the time they invest into playing one game? Or, if they play on multiple ladders it will all be measured the same on the overall ladder?*** Ed
It's from the 2006 Newsletter:
https://www.theblitz.club/newsletter/august06.php
The length of an average game was explained.

Though, I do think this Ladder would benefit from both a leader who was enthusiastic about it and a couple of fresh new games that fit the scoring profiles. Eek Whip :chin:

cheers

RR
04-26-2009, 06:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2009, 06:10 AM by Steel God.)
Thank you for heeding the call gentlemen. As I said in my original post here, we will gladly host a ladder with even a low level of activity, but preferably we'd like to see as much activity and growth as possible.

Andrew, I will send you an email and we can discuss you becoming the Custodian for this Ladder, and Forum.

Klaus, we will get the HPS Naval Series of games added shortly, but before we add scenarios we will need some gauge on a size modifier for them. I know the HPS Naval Series is all played real time, correct? Can you give me an idea of how long it takes to play a typical turn, and a range of turns in a scenario..for example, smallest one is 15 turns largest 50 turns? Or being real time, does it not use turns at all? I'll need to get a feel for that so we can fit it into the ladder and have the points earned for that game comparable to other games.
04-26-2009, 06:16 AM,
Sir,

It will be a pleasure to look after the SA ladder.

I like big games.

Txs for your thrust in me.

Cheers,
Andrew
04-26-2009, 06:20 AM,
I concur with my fellow shipmates the campaign game takes longer to complete than the real thing. Remember each day turn both players must have the file to give out orders.
I reckon by the time Basson and I finish this husky l'll be a pensioner.
After almost a year in game terms carefully building up my Nakajima engine factories for Zero and Oscar fighters the game suddenly changed the Oscar's to Tony's which require the Kawasaki engine.
04-26-2009, 08:30 AM,
steel god Wrote:As I said in my original post here, we will gladly host a ladder with even a low level of activity, but preferably we'd like to see as much activity and growth as possible.

I think the guys who play these games are very active. It just takes a year or two to finish the larger ones? Eek:chin:

I guess if they had a Ladder Commander the forums may perk up, but in comparison to other ladder games, the games here are still going to take a "forever" to finish and report?
That's why the larger point totals to keep pace with those "puny" other games that are supported by the club? :rolleyes:

cheers

RR
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM,
Hi Paul.

The Naval Campaign Series can´t be played by PBEM.
All engagements are online gaming, an average match will take 1 h.
Compared to Combat Mission, assume I could manage to play 15 turns / h during an CMAK online battle.

Do you own HPS Jutland ?

Cheers, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
04-29-2009, 10:22 PM,
Andrew Young Wrote:Sir,

It will be a pleasure to look after the SA ladder.

I like big games.

Txs for your thrust in me.

Cheers,
Andrew

Check your PMs Andrew.