• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Future of the SA Forum and Ladder
04-25-2009, 03:35 AM,
The Future of the SA Forum and Ladder
Gents;

The S&A Community is once again reaching a low level of activity that forces us to consider it's future. As long as there is a consistent (even low) level of activity on a ladder we don't mind hosting it. But we always want to see the community itself show at least as much care and concern for itself as we do for it by hosting it. What I mean by that, is the S&A Community needs an identity and a leader. So one willing to step up and take possession of the community, and if at all possible, help it grow. No community will grow by itself.

There was indication that the HPS series of Naval Games should be added to the ladder. We can do that, if there is interest. If there are old titles that no one is supporting, we can eliminate them. In the past 90 days it seems only WitP and UV have had games reported against them. Does that mean the other games should no longer be supported?

These are questions that I do not have answers to. I will do anything I can to support any community that wants to play at the Blitz, but since I can not play every game, I need folks who play the games to coordinate the communities. Is there anyone among you who is willing to try and make the S&A Ladder into more than what it currently is? Get the word out, get some traffic going, maybe run a tournament, and most importantly, apply their direct hands on experience with the games this community plays into recommendations to us on what needs to stay, what needs to go, and what needs to be added. I promise you whatever support and assistance I can render if there is someone who wants to step forward and make this community theirs.

Feel free to contact me via email, PM, or post here directly.
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2009, 03:05 PM,
RE: The Future of the SA Forum and Ladder
Hi, fellow gamers,

Steel god.

I am willing to take care of that ladder.

cheers
Andrew
04-25-2009, 03:10 PM,
Looking for

A British pilot for TS BOB,
1940 CG
I'll take the Germans.

A German pilot for
12 o' clock High
I 'll take the allies.
700 turn bombing CG.

I will load them on my spare XP and not on my Vista.

Soon that new game by Gary Grisgby will replace the older ones.

Well, any volunteers

:stir:
Andrew
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM,
Paul,

From my brief time running this ladder I can tell you the reason for the *apparent* lack of activity is due to the length of scenarios in Uncommon Valour & War in The Pacific (the two games I play).

I am presently playing 4 FULL campaigns of WiTP which run from 07/12/41 to 15/08/45 which means that it will take me well over 2 years complete (even if I play @ 3 moves a day !).

So I ask that the ladder not be deleted but maybe listed as a sub ladder somwehere else.

Thanks

Toni
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM,
Hello gamers
I for one just joined this great site.and playing a full game of witp
I sure would hate to see this ladder go away before I can complete
my first game.
Jim
04-25-2009, 09:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM by Tsunami.)
Hi Paul,

I think not that here are only low activity. The camaigns are only very long. I have yet 3 (starting a 4th now) ongoing. One of them since 2 years!

Even with "quick" opponents it taking a lot of month. But when you have a partner with less then 1 turn / week this can take endless time.

So, don't know what other doing ... I'm busy fighting in the Pacific.Big Grin

Stefan
04-25-2009, 10:20 PM,
Hi,

Still awaiting your attack:)

cheers
Andrew
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM,
I'd have to echo the rest when they talk about how long the campaigns take to play. Even when Matrix releases Eagle Day/Bombing the Reich, those will take some time to play also. I'd hate to see this forum and ladder go.
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM,
Master steel God,

Thrust me the air and sea ladder.

Campaign games fit me.

And once the Air games will be on ,people will beg to join the AS ladder.

Regards,
Andrew
:stir:
04-26-2009, 04:04 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: The Future of the SA Forum and Ladder
Hi Paul.

Please add the HPS Naval Campaign series to the ladder.
You don´t have to add all the scenarios, me and some folks from the
Naval Campaign Club can do it.

Cheers, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !