• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An explaination of why HPS release titles when they do.
03-09-2009, 02:57 AM,
RE: An explaination of why HPS release titles when they do.
Foul. Wrote:
alaric99x Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:
alaric99x Wrote:Occam's razor
Indeed, i am a great believer in it, unlike most people who i know who prefer to see an exciting conspiracy in almost anything. :chin:

I'm with you on that, I follow the same principle. Still, we have to admit it only works about 97% of the time.
I just get annoyed at the people who make a fortune out of writing these conspiracy theory books and the people who read them and then try to convince you that they are fact, makes my blood boil at times as to my mind they must think i am as gullible as they are. :mad:

I find it kind of funny that people can truly convince themselves almost anything is true, just because they want to believe something fanciful.

It only annoys me when the media take preposterous stories and present them as fact just to fill in time or make a little money. When they start doing that it becomes harder for people uninformed on a subject to reach sensible conclusions.
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2009, 02:58 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:
Indeed, i am a great believer in it, unlike most people who i know who prefer to see an exciting conspiracy in almost anything. :chin:

I'm with you on that, I follow the same principle. Still, we have to admit it only works about 97% of the time.

97.13% surely :whis:
03-09-2009, 03:04 AM,
97.13%?? OK, now everybody knows I was only guessing.
03-09-2009, 03:13 AM,
Foul. Wrote:
alaric99x Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:

I just get annoyed at the people who make a fortune out of writing these conspiracy theory books and the people who read them and then try to convince you that they are fact, makes my blood boil at times as to my mind they must think i am as gullible as they are. :mad:

Then allow me to add a corollary to Occam's razor; "The number of opinions any individual is allowed to express about any unprovable subject is inversely proportional to the amount of factual information that individual has about the said subject."
03-09-2009, 03:32 AM,
Occam's Razor is fine but here is an alternative. A lawyer once told me there are actually seven truths, not one.

There is the truth the defendant believes
There is the truth the accused believes
There is the truth the defendant's lawyer believes
There is the truth the accused's lawyer believes
There is the truth the jury believes
There is the truth the judge believes
And there is the actual truth

Occam's razor as a guideline is fine but the real world tends to be a bit more grey

(Sorry, that is probably a bit too serious for a Sunday afternoon.)
03-09-2009, 03:51 AM,
Xaver Wrote:I buy HPS games in a HPS reseller, i wait 2 weeks for games but can have a single game for 35 euros (depend of the exchange rate but are between 34-37) all included 45 Dollars for all.

Well 2 weeks sounds like a very long time, check out Duchet www.duchet.com and see if they might be a better choice?? :chin:
03-09-2009, 03:53 AM,
FLG Wrote:Occam's Razor is fine but here is an alternative. A lawyer once told me there are actually seven truths, not one.

There is the truth the defendant believes
There is the truth the accused believes
There is the truth the defendant's lawyer believes
There is the truth the accused's lawyer believes
There is the truth the jury believes
There is the truth the judge believes
And there is the actual truth

Occam's razor as a guideline is fine but the real world tends to be a bit more grey

(Sorry, that is probably a bit too serious for a Sunday afternoon.)

And one of my favorite quotes concerning truth, attributed to Pope Jon Paul II: "The truth is not always the same thing as the majority decision."
03-09-2009, 05:01 AM,
Yes, a mate from the wargame club talk me about the duchet site, he dont remember the time he wait for the game... if i use Europe Air Urgent i can have the game a little more cheap but here in Spain we say "is better bad know than good unknow" :whis: if somebody buy using duchet and can tell what type of postage use and wait time i only can say thanks Big Grin

PD: i want buy Renascimento tomorrow.
03-09-2009, 05:11 AM,
Well just wondering if HPS will release some June 22nd 1941 Titles like South Western or Western Front Actions in the opening days of the Barbarossa:)
03-09-2009, 06:52 AM,
Seriously I could write a book on the subject but simply put... you really don't need conspiracy theories to explain the how the world works.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.