• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H Smolensk Scenario Questions
03-09-2009, 01:09 AM,
RE: H2H Smolensk Scenario Questions
Take advantage of an inexperienced player and get a lousy victory you won't remember in a few months; but teach a gamer how to play and you'll have a friend and opponent for life. ;)
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2009, 02:46 AM,
steel god Wrote:Take advantage of an inexperienced player and get a lousy victory you won't remember in a few months; but teach a gamer how to play and you'll have a friend and opponent for life. ;)

I believe i know just what you are talking about! :cheeky:
03-09-2009, 02:58 AM,
The SNAFU Wrote:Foul, I have the Germans in this one.

The H2H version of the Drive over the Dnepr is apparently well balanced so I'm not sure commanding the better troops will make a big difference with me being inexperienced playing against human opponents. I see playing a veteran like Paul as a bonus since I will hopefully learn from his generous pointers and watching his moves. It's all good!
Ok the reason i ask (and no doubt Paul will help you out) is that you need to fully understand the mechanics of a river crossing as i believe it is one of the more tricky things to try in PzC, if only it involved placing a bridge Engineer unit next to a river and waiting for them to complete it i would not have made this point. ;)

Indeed it is a well balanced scenario provided the German player is able to get accross the river without much delay, the success (or not) of these attempts will normallydecide the outcome.

Make sure you read my word Doc that comes with the scenario and most important thing have fun. :)
03-09-2009, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2009, 08:02 AM by The SNAFU.)
Foul. Wrote:Ok the reason i ask (and no doubt Paul will help you out) is that you need to fully understand the mechanics of a river crossing as i believe it is one of the more tricky things to try in PzC, if only it involved placing a bridge Engineer unit next to a river and waiting for them to complete it i would not have made this point. ;)

Indeed it is a well balanced scenario provided the German player is able to get accross the river without much delay, the success (or not) of these attempts will normallydecide the outcome.

Make sure you read my word Doc that comes with the scenario and most important thing have fun. :)

Thanks Foul

I'm on the river now trying to cross in several spots and I did read your word doc. It's very helpful.

As I told Paul, I tried to flash my EZPass to his troops so they would let me cross the river but they said Nyet and threw a mess of lead back at me. Big Grin

And yes I am having fun. In fact I'm having a blast. My only regret is there are not enough hours in the day. So many battles, so little time
03-09-2009, 11:45 AM,
The SNAFU Wrote:And yes I am having fun. In fact I'm having a blast. My only regret is there are not enough hours in the day. So many battles, so little time

It's a common lament around here. Big Grin
03-09-2009, 12:12 PM,
After reading this thread I was going to check out this scenario, but when I go to the download site it tells me "Custom Scenario Not available for download at this time." Why can't this scenario be downloaded?
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM,
I am playing this scenario, its a very good one. I am axis and getting Bridges across rivers gives me little sleep!! But I am across in places and my recons have seen Smolensk. But heavy fighting in the center and the north are starting to take their toll on my forces.

I have stiil to capture to first (1000) town in the North turn 84. God these Russians are putting up a tough fight!!
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM,
If you have not done so, see the AAR on this scenario from a recent tournament in the AAR forum. If your learning PzC, this AAR will be informative.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM,
tbridges Wrote:After reading this thread I was going to check out this scenario, but when I go to the download site it tells me "Custom Scenario Not available for download at this time." Why can't this scenario be downloaded?

It can be, but since it is a H2H produced scenario you have to go to the H2H section (under G-4|Supply on your main menu). Navigate to Operational Campaigns and it will have a list of all H2H produced scenarios, and they can be downloaded from there.
03-10-2009, 01:38 AM,
Thanks SG, I got it.:cool: