• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H Smolensk Scenario Questions
03-08-2009, 12:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2009, 12:59 AM by The SNAFU.)
H2H Smolensk Scenario Questions
All,

I am preparing to play the H2H PBEM Drive over the Dnepr scenario. After installing the scenario I found the unit info boxes are different in that almost none of them show the unit type graphics (though a few do). There also seems to be more info when right clicking the unit info box (displayed in German) which makes it harder to understand for this rookie.

Is this normal for the H2H scenario's and if so is there a way to restore the standard unit type graphic and info when playing the H2H scenario?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2009, 01:13 AM,
RE: H2H Smolensk Scenario Questions
You will I think have to down load the alt art pack from Volcano mods.
03-08-2009, 01:15 AM,
Can i assume you downloaded the scenario from he H2H sub forum H2H Forum ? :chin:

Do you have Volcano's S41 artpack loaded?

Are you saying the words displayed when you right click such as "soft", "hard" and "assault" are in German??

As far as i know this scenario zip pack was used for a whole tourney with none of issues as you describe, so at this moment i am racking my brains to work out what has happened :chin:
03-08-2009, 01:33 AM,
Darran;

Yes he's using the file from the H2H download, I sent it to him. I think we're okay now, I pointed him towards the VM art DL site (another addict hooked) and we should be okay now. If we have any other issues I'll let you know.

Paul
03-08-2009, 02:13 AM,
steel god Wrote:Darran;

Yes he's using the file from the H2H download, I sent it to him. I think we're okay now, I pointed him towards the VM art DL site (another addict hooked) and we should be okay now. If we have any other issues I'll let you know.

Paul

OK glad to hear that. :)
03-08-2009, 07:12 AM,
Actually, if one wants to, you only need to load a few art files from the VM art work to get it to work. Loading all the file is a shotgun approach, and will work if that is what one wants.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-08-2009, 07:21 AM,
Snafu,
If you have not done so, there is an excellent expansion pack to S41. I suggest you add that to the game also.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-08-2009, 08:45 AM,
Thanks all!

Paul got me over to Volcano for the art pack. The mods really do add to the polish of the game. I will also get the scenario pack sometime soon.

I didnt get my tail end kicked enough by Paul the first game we played so I'm having another go at it with the H2H scenario. :chin:
03-08-2009, 07:00 PM,
Which side are you?? :chin:
03-08-2009, 10:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2009, 10:54 PM by The SNAFU.)
Foul, I have the Germans in this one.

The H2H version of the Drive over the Dnepr is apparently well balanced so I'm not sure commanding the better troops will make a big difference with me being inexperienced playing against human opponents. I see playing a veteran like Paul as a bonus since I will hopefully learn from his generous pointers and watching his moves. It's all good!