• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Flare for Belisarius
05-02-2009, 04:21 AM,
RE: Flare for Belisarius
Found the zip feature in Vista, works well. It was hidden under a meny named 'Send to' which is imho completely stupid.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 08:54 AM,
Why are zip files easier than bte files? I simply right click the attachment, and save it to the proper game. As for management, I name the files:

#_MarquoFoulT1" and have no problem at all.

Marquo:)
05-02-2009, 12:43 PM,
If it works for you Marquo, all that matters, but unless there is something I am missing, saving the attachment directly requires browsing for the correct game folder. Most zip programs, including winzip and the Microsoft products, keeps a drop down list of recent folders unzipped to, making it very easy to find the correct folder to unzip to, and Vista even will fill in where to unzip to if you start typing the correct game folder name in place of another recent one.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-02-2009, 11:23 PM,
Rick,

Now I see what you are saying. However, we must consider a few other factors in the ergometric analysis:

1. To send a compressed file, it must be compressed...and that requires a bit of hunting and mouse clicking; this is front end pain.

2. To do it my way requires right clicking the mouse, and hunting for the proper folder, this is back end pain.

3. There is also the finite but rare possibilty that file may become corrupted during the compression-decompression process.

4. And furthermore....

Marquo

cheers
05-02-2009, 11:26 PM,
Hey --

FWIW, I just noticed that the post counter does not appear to be working; not that I really care, but oddly enough my number of posts has not changed over the couple of posts.

People will notice the oddest things while waiting for their opponents to send back moves...

Marquo :chin:
05-03-2009, 03:10 AM,
I noticed the post counter stopped sometime last weekend. Not high on my list , but I will add it to the list. Most likely it has something to do with our ongoing construction on the site.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-03-2009, 03:33 AM,
Whatever it might have been, it is working now. :)