• Downloads

Boats - Question !!
01-28-2009, 07:19 AM,
RE: Boats - Question !!
More of a coding/design issue I would say.:chin:
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2009, 07:56 AM,
A similar problem would be to have four 6SP rafts appear in a hex. The cannot move on their own, and a carrying unit cannot enter the hex due to stacking restrictions.

Scenario designers have to take such issues into account.

umbro
01-29-2009, 12:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2009, 12:44 AM by Von Earlmann.)
Otto von Blotto Wrote:One slight problem I have found with this is if the pontoon / crewed boats arrive unmounted in a forest hex in batches of 3 you can't mount them on a truck as 3*6sp rafts + 1*6sp engineer + 1*6sp engineer truck over loads the hex, you can move the engineer into the hex but have to mount the enginner onto the pontoon before you can move the truck in, then in the process of mounting the pontoon into the truck the engineer trys to unmounted from the pontoon but can't as it fails the SP check on the hex and you get nowhere with no pontoon and no boats for the next 10 turns while you use your own artillary trying to destroy one of the rafts without damaging them all.
That was my fault...........I was under the impression crewed boats could move on their own..........now I know I will bring them on loaded......not to worry though both sides are having the same problems :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-29-2009, 06:50 AM,
Von Earlmann Wrote:That was my fault...........I was under the impression crewed boats could move on their own..........now I know I will bring them on loaded......not to worry though both sides are having the same problems :-)

VE

They can move on their own, of course, but do require a water type hex to do so; swamp, forested swamp, shallow or deep water.

Otherwise, they must be transported by trucks.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email