• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Boats - Question !!
01-24-2009, 10:10 PM,
Boats - Question !!
Hi together,
one question.
Can i transport "crewed boats" with trucks ??
And if yes - which trucks/transport units may i use for transporting this boats ?
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2009, 10:14 PM,
RE: Boats - Question !!
You will need the engineer trucks to load rafts and boats i believe
01-24-2009, 10:22 PM,
no -transport with engeneer truck is not possible. i try that
01-24-2009, 10:48 PM,
My understanding is:
Engineer Trucks can transport Crewed Boats, but they cannot load them. Thus Crewed Boats may start the scenario loaded and be transported but once you unload them they may not be loaded again.

umbro
01-25-2009, 02:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2009, 02:35 AM by Jason Petho.)
Yes, you can carry crewed boats and pontoon ferries on Engineer trucks.

To load them on the trucks:

1. You will need a Bridging Engineer to load onto the crewed boat or pontoon ferry.

2. Then load the "loaded" crewed boat or pontoon ferry onto the engineer truck.

3. The crewed boat or pontoon ferry will remain loaded on the engineer truck, but the bridging engineer will be unloaded.

This is why most organizations that have them have a bridging engineer and spare truck included.

Normal "rafts" and "boats" will not work like this.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-25-2009, 03:18 AM,
It seems that rafts at least can be loaded directly onto trucks.

umbro
01-25-2009, 03:56 AM,
umbro Wrote:It seems that rafts at least can be loaded directly onto trucks.

umbro

Well that's good! *laughs*

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-25-2009, 04:21 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:Yes, you can carry crewed boats and pontoon ferries on Engineer trucks.

To load them on the trucks:

1. You will need a Bridging Engineer to load onto the crewed boat or pontoon ferry.

2. Then load the "loaded" crewed boat or pontoon ferry onto the engineer truck.

3. The crewed boat or pontoon ferry will remain loaded on the engineer truck, but the bridging engineer will be unloaded.

This is why most organizations that have them have a bridging engineer and spare truck included.

Normal "rafts" and "boats" will not work like this.

Jason Petho

It doesn't necessarily has to be a bridging engineer. Can be done with any "third" unit, at least in the scenario editor. Never tried it "in game"
Rafts can be loaded on engineer trucks indeed.
01-28-2009, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2009, 07:06 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
One slight problem I have found with this is if the pontoon / crewed boats arrive unmounted in a forest hex in batches of 3 you can't mount them on a truck as 3*6sp rafts + 1*6sp engineer + 1*6sp engineer truck over loads the hex, you can move the engineer into the hex but have to mount the enginner onto the pontoon before you can move the truck in, then in the process of mounting the pontoon into the truck the engineer trys to unmounted from the pontoon but can't as it fails the SP check on the hex and you get nowhere with no pontoon and no boats for the next 10 turns while you use your own artillary trying to destroy one of the rafts without damaging them all.
01-28-2009, 07:08 AM,
Otto von Blotto Wrote:One slight problem I have found with this is if the pontoon / crewed boats arrive unmounted in a forest hex in batches of 3 you can't mount them on a truck as 3*6sp rafts + 1*6sp engineer + 1*6sp engineer truck over loads the hex, you can move the engineer into the hex but have to mount the enginner onto the pontoon before you can move the truck in, then in the process of mounting the pontoon into the truck the engineer trys to unmounted from the pontoon but can't as it fails the SP check on the hex and you get nowhere with no pontoon and no boats for the next 10 turns while you use your own artillary trying to destroy one of the rafts without damaging them all.

Yay for planning ahead!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email