• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do i get rid of the chemical from smolensk
01-23-2009, 04:17 AM,
RE: How do i get rid of the chemical from smolensk
Ricky i've done something with oob and somethings appear with chemicale.
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2009, 06:20 AM,
I have just bought smolensk, patched it to v1.15 and see the same option for Chemical/Nuclear weapons in the command menu.
01-23-2009, 06:42 AM,
My Kharkov game has, under MENU Command...Use Chemical/Nuclear Weapon. Clicking does nothing, presumably since there is no chemical/nuclear enabled units in the game, but since I do not play/own any of the modern ones, I wouldnt know how to use them..
01-23-2009, 07:23 AM,
Thanks guys. Still at work, but I would guess this confirms that the Chem/Nuke stuff has been activated in PzC. So getting back to Maarten's original post, there is no way to get rid of it when you are using the latest patch. However, it shouldn't impact anything in the games - but it would allow the use of chemicals or nukes if a scenario was setup to use them.

And for Liquid Sky, FYI, the Use Chemical/Nuclear Weapons choice is only available to a side specified in the scenario file, allowing that player first choice to use them - the other side can't use them until the designated side does. That is how it works in the MC series anyway.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-23-2009, 07:25 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:And for Liquid Sky, FYI, the Use Chemical/Nuclear Weapons choice is only available to a side specified in the scenario file, allowing that player first choice to use them - the other side can't use them until the designated side does. That is how it works in the MC series anyway.

Afaik. you can make WMD freely available to both players if you so choose. FWIW.
Send this user an email
01-23-2009, 07:38 AM,
I believe so also, not having done it in a scenario. I was just trying to describe what that menu choice is for, for Liquid Sky and any others that don't play MC. If they are available for both sides already, I don't believe that menu item would have any impact - I think it just authorizes the game to release the weapons for both sides and if both sides can use them at start then the menu item has no impact, as in a scenario without any chem/nukes in it.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-23-2009, 02:55 PM,
I checked my copy of S41 v1.15. The option for chemical and nuclear is in the menu. I selected a number of artillery units in various scenarios to use the option. The game results in an error in the dialog at the bottom of the screen telling the player no valid units selected...

So even though the option is there, unless the OOB is hacked, it will not work.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-24-2009, 05:03 AM,
I would think you would have to have a weaon capable of firing it as well as that kind of ammo available. If one or neither is available, shouldn't matter.
01-24-2009, 07:26 AM,
I think the menu item appears in the PzC game updates as the menu is common to both PzC and MC. When you consider there are now 22 titles in the PzC and MC family, consolidating items like the menus makes sense from an administrative view. As others point out, unless the OOB is changed so there are units allowed the chemical and nuclear capability then there is not effect.

I would not expect to see any of these attacks in a PzC game. The feature is strictly for MC. Mods of either series are a designer's choice.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-24-2009, 11:39 AM,
Thats what I thought, I was pretty sure none of my artillery (or the russians) had chemical/nuclear weapons, and just ignored the menu option..