• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do i get rid of the chemical from smolensk
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2009, 09:35 PM by Maarten.)
How do i get rid of the chemical from smolensk
Could someone help me to get rid off the chemical, wich i get where the artillery dialog is also showed. I've reinstalled it but when mine opponment sended it returns. Must i waith till our game is over and than reinstall it. To get remove it?
Could mine opponment mess it up?
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2009, 11:00 PM,
RE: How do i get rid of the chemical from smolensk
Are you refering to the dialog box which appears on screen during the playback, if so tell your opponent to select " On Map Results " which is located on the toolbar under settings.
You may want to check you have also selected this option.
Hope this helps.
01-22-2009, 11:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 12:55 AM by Maarten.)
It works Lowland for a while becausse i than play against mine opponment and when i've want to play another scenario afther it the same trouble starts again.
Is it normal that thoose chemical belongs to this game? Or is this strange?
01-23-2009, 01:56 AM,
When you say you want to get rid of the chemical, what dialog box do you mean? Is it one where a choice comes up about firing chemicals rather than normal fire, when you fire artillery? I don't understand your problem with chemicals, in Smolensk, unless it is something related to this???

And no, there should be no chemicals in Smolensk, not even sure how to cause that unless there is some kind of hack happening, if what I ask above is correct.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-23-2009, 01:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 02:02 AM by Maarten.)
I've send you an email to see it.
01-23-2009, 02:03 AM,
I think it's hacking so i wont play that player. What a grrrrrrr.
01-23-2009, 02:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 02:06 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
Are you sure that the scenario you are playing is not just some alternative contrafactual version, where Chemical weapons can be used? (Can you even use chemicals in the PzC games?)
Send this user an email
01-23-2009, 02:14 AM,
I've installed the game again it looks good but when i use v1.15 of hps it appears, so i think it's corrupted. Can i download it from some where else?
01-23-2009, 03:18 AM,
Hi Maarten,

Thanks for the file. I am at work but will check it out later when I am home. If you are getting this after applying patch 1.15, then it is the patch, not your opponent, and is probably or maybe purposely added in now. If you downloaded it from HPS, then all is well - if I find anything wrong tonight, I will let you know. The code between the PzC and MC series is shared in many cases, and it might be that the chem weapons choice was accidentally activated for Smolensk in 1.15.

Rick

Thanks!
Rick
01-23-2009, 03:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 03:23 AM by Ricky B.)
JDR Dragoon Wrote:Are you sure that the scenario you are playing is not just some alternative contrafactual version, where Chemical weapons can be used? (Can you even use chemicals in the PzC games?)

It is, or at least was, possible to set a unit in the PzC series to have chemical capabilities (takes a few tricks to make it doable) - I did it in El Alamein for 1980s scenario that Glenn helped me with. But there was no way to actually use the weapons set that way - what Maarten is seeing is the menu option for chemical/nuke weapons is active in Smolensk, per the picture he sent me, which would allow the weapons to be fired. I would like to see that in El Alamein but my guess is it is a mistake in compiling the code that turned it on for Smolensk - but will have to follow up, might be on purpose.

Anyway, I don't know of any way for a scenario/pdt/oob tweak to activate the chem menu choice, it almost has to be in the compiled code.
Rick