• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Will leaning back against the barn door
01-17-2009, 09:26 PM,
RE: Will leaning back against the barn door
Quote:I think this is just crying over spilt milk.The problem is two divisions were pushed across the river on three bridges with no reserves or troops guarding the crossing sites.Sure the Hq unit should probably land.Small part of the big picture.

Sounds like you never played WP in this capaign there are not so many units to leave them around bridges WP cross. to Guard it you need at least and MRR regiment becouse using smaller forces is like leaving non since you can dance around them with Airmobile Inf bomb them and then isolate and assault them to death!!!!

Quote:Not exactly an optimum test as Pact Anti-Air units have a considerable range advantage.If they slugged it out at point blank range as the test suggests,I would think your result is reasonable depending on how many turns it took..NATO systems are bagging Helo's at a rate of about one per shot I am guessing.In the situation you are in the game,there are too many Helo's to target and not enough time to kill enough to make a difference.That is a situational problem,not a problem with the game itself.(Do you stack tanks when you attack?)

Only AAA unit was station next to target the SAM's were fireing from distance of 3 and 4 hexes they are just to effective.

Quote:Probably not each and every bridge,but I think these three would have been good choices.

Well the answer to this is above WP just doen't have the troops to guard this bridges as WP has to divert front line units to this and even that dosen't guarantee succes.

Any Way got a OOB and PDT files from Tarzoon with modified stats of SAM's and Helicopter units and first tests are really promising. With it flying a Heliborne infantry in T mode next to WP units is rather stupid as a 150 men unit disspear after two shoots so no more loitering around and isolating or scouting with them. As for Strike choopers i repeated the test from above and AAA unit got broken with 1 vehicle left while the SAM unit took 30% losses but there was not much left of the Cobra unit either:bow:

Tarzon is doing a great job:)
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2009, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009, 04:53 AM by Aaron.)
Couldnt do it without the feedback, to much for one person. Thanks to everyone whos helped out. Had some issues with my new build cpu but all seems to be stable finally so getting back to work on Korea 89, its looking good. Not to long now

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-19-2009, 07:52 AM,
Tazaaron or Spooky
Could we get a brief rundown on the effected units and the changes ? I'm sorry to bother, but I am consumed with curiousity. :chin:

Kuriltai
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009, 11:21 AM by Aaron.)
As of now testing them out as:

Attack helos lost 1 in def (9-10)
AirAssault lost 4 in def to a (2)
Most Sams gained 1 AA (8-11)
Some AAA gain 1 AA (11-15)
Mech,Mot,Inf gain 1 AA (6-5-4) instead of (5-4-3)
most AC lost 2 def (8-10) but gained on soft att and hard attack (32-36)

Spooky is right u dont want to leave Air Assault units in travel mode by the front, they wont live very long, the reduction also includes the Helo HQ unit so this will also effect your supply issue by leaving HQ helos in travel mode they also are easier to shoot down.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-19-2009, 12:02 PM,
Thanks Aaron.
Changes sound Ok.Appreciate your taking the time to answer this for me.
Looking forward to K89.

Kuriltai
01-19-2009, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM by Spooky.)
Did some testing on the WP helicopter units so the heliborne infantry tests showed the same as NATO ones that no more flying near the front in T mode or the unit faces sudden death. as For attack helicopters WP strike chooper units are wiped out by nato AAA (Gepard) without much loss to the AAA unit but that is ok since they have 36 vehicles while WP has 16 or something. So every thing OK

Aaron any chances of seeing those Polish T-55 companies be able to merge into one unit??? makes them easier to move.
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009, 08:48 PM by Aaron.)
I would say no,T-55AM,T-72 Polish Tank Reg had the normal 31x3 but a T-55 Reg had a org of 16x5 INDEPENDENT tank companies, key word independent, if i let u combine then u would have a unit of 80 tanks, even though they r only T-55s i dont want a unit of 80 anything in the game, i rather have it as it suppose to have been. Sorry

As for your testing on WP, i have raised Hind Hard attack value 2 points to 31 so while it wont make a big difference on the test it will have an effect overall to the game.

Those Gepard units do break down to units of 12, having all 36 together would probably be a rare occurrence.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-19-2009, 08:58 PM,
Spooky Wrote:Aaron any chances of seeing those Polish T-55 companies be able to merge into one unit??? makes them easier to move.

The stock game solved this reasonably by having them as two units of 40 tanks each.
Send this user an email
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009, 09:20 PM by Aaron.)
Well i only have one word for stock and thats %$#@@^&.

If we had everything stock from back in the NGP days it would be the same as living in the stone age.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-20-2009, 05:08 AM,
Well i agree with Aaron with his statement on Stock scenarios. I usualy use VM scenarios for PzC and Bolt on my Danube Front:)

Aaron when the newest version of Bolt (the one with corrected ratings) will be avaliable??:)