• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk - Tally of Death
01-14-2009, 09:12 AM,
RE: Minsk - Tally of Death
There is room for some verbal rules to supplement the numerical victory calculation. Such as, "if the German holds all the victory hexes in Minsk, he shifts the victory one level in his favor."

I wonder why we don't do this at all? All the old board wargames had such victory conditions.
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2009, 11:28 PM,
Jazman Wrote:There is room for some verbal rules to supplement the numerical victory calculation. Such as, "if the German holds all the victory hexes in Minsk, he shifts the victory one level in his favor."

I wonder why we don't do this at all? All the old board wargames had such victory conditions.

Board games also would use a changing VP value say if you held a hex on the first day it was worth 100vp but if you held it on the 5th day it was worth 5vp. It would be cool if PzC could do this to reward a good delaying action or a rapid breakthrough.
01-15-2009, 03:03 AM,
Yes good idea - VP hexes that have a date when they change values

This would be a good feature

Michael
01-15-2009, 03:05 AM,
James Ward Wrote:I think if you cause 150,000 more losses on your enemy than you take in a battle then it's a victory no matter what the victory conditions say! :)
I do think it is very difficult to do well as the Germans in this CG, the Russian's just have some much force and the map is so huge. Just having some sort of Army on the map and holding Minsk might be considered a German victory.

you are correct but in the scn both sides must feel thay can win the actual scn by balancing it otherwise who will ever play the Germans !!
01-15-2009, 05:57 AM,
Minsk was a complete disaster for the germans, but of course you all know this. I have all east front titles and have looked through each campaign scenario. Minsk look like hell, the terrain through some of the German units have to retreat is just insane and then when you look at the force concentration and arty firepower of the russian armies... Well... I'm glad I wasn't there that's for sure.

Sometimes I load up a campaign of a selected title just to illustrate to friends how insanely vast operations were on the east front, how hellish conditions were and what the number ratios were. Most people don't have a clue, some are ignorant even.

Didn't the Wehrmacht lose about 800.000 men in the defensive operations around Minsk? Or perhaps that was the entire front during the time frame of Minsk, I'm not sure.

This campaign I will not touch until I've gained much experience... playing through the games in chronological order helps as it's rather easy going at first then at the end of the war nearly impossible. Big Grin At some point, I might even play allied. ;) If you are looking for a axis opponent, I'm your guy.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
01-15-2009, 10:45 PM,
33vortex Wrote:Minsk was a complete disaster for the germans, but of course you all know this. I have all east front titles and have looked through each campaign scenario. Minsk look like hell, the terrain through some of the German units have to retreat is just insane and then when you look at the force concentration and arty firepower of the russian armies... Well... I'm glad I wasn't there that's for sure.

Sometimes I load up a campaign of a selected title just to illustrate to friends how insanely vast operations were on the east front, how hellish conditions were and what the number ratios were. Most people don't have a clue, some are ignorant even.

Didn't the Wehrmacht lose about 800.000 men in the defensive operations around Minsk? Or perhaps that was the entire front during the time frame of Minsk, I'm not sure.

This campaign I will not touch until I've gained much experience... playing through the games in chronological order helps as it's rather easy going at first then at the end of the war nearly impossible. Big Grin At some point, I might even play allied. ;) If you are looking for a axis opponent, I'm your guy.

I can see that by your profile !cheers
01-16-2009, 02:37 AM,
I wouldnt say playing the axis is impossible in Budapest 45.
01-16-2009, 06:07 AM,
It's all in perspective. To a beginner it is!
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.