• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk - Tally of Death
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM,
Minsk - Tally of Death
Dear All

OK Just finished th campaign against Chassuer ( took over a year ) , no fixed units alt

Here is the tally - the result is decisive Russian 48,000 VP double what he needed ( so I am working on a tougher version for the Russian )

AXIS INF 264,388
RUSSIAN INF 111,031
AXIS GUNS 3210
RUSSIAN GUNS 952
AXIS VEHICLES 1649
RUSSIAN VEHICLES 1548
AXIS AIRCRAFT 12
RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT 79

I wonder how this is compared to history - feel the axis gave a good account of themselves here
Michael
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2009, 08:17 PM,
RE: Minsk - Tally of Death
You did pretty good, specially a 1 by 1 on vehicles is a good result for the axis, although you lose more men. Once it gets fluid for the Germans is a nighmare I would say, and it gets fluid easily. A major challenge for Axis.

we'll see ya ;)
01-12-2009, 11:13 PM,
von Waldenburg Wrote:A major challenge for Axis.

Most definitely. The VP locations are too far forward for the Axis to give ground. I caused massive casualties on the Soviets in the first part of the game (for awhile they lost more men & tanks), but once I started to give ground the game was over. There was no way to counterattack to regain VPs.
01-12-2009, 11:20 PM,
von Waldenburg Wrote:You did pretty good, specially a 1 by 1 on vehicles is a good result for the axis, although you lose more men. Once it gets fluid for the Germans is a nighmare I would say, and it gets fluid easily. A major challenge for Axis.

we'll see ya ;)

That is why to re balance a big scn you must play it to he end ( I did the same for EA42 and we are 20 turns from the end and its a draw - so not bad rebalancing there )

The victory coditions all need changing in this and I am working on two variants that will be a challenge for both sides.

Michael
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM,
Rev Rico Wrote:
von Waldenburg Wrote:A major challenge for Axis.

Most definitely. The VP locations are too far forward for the Axis to give ground. I caused massive casualties on the Soviets in the first part of the game (for awhile they lost more men & tanks), but once I started to give ground the game was over. There was no way to counterattack to regain VPs.

Even if there were no VP locations on the map the casualties alone ( and as has been said I did quite well ) gave the Russians a major.

Michael
01-13-2009, 02:10 AM,
cavalry corps Wrote:Even if there were no VP locations on the map the casualties alone ( and as has been said I did quite well ) gave the Russians a major.
Michael

Yes. I'll refrain from trashing the entire game since I love all PzC, but needless to say, I'm very hesitant to play this CG again as the VP levels currently stand.
01-13-2009, 02:42 AM,
The game is great - just needs rebalancing and some further interest added, which is in hand.

I can also tell you someone else is working on a monster version almost totally revised

Michael
01-13-2009, 04:07 AM,
What was the final situation on the map? Did the soviets reach as far as Minsk? Did they manage to form the two historical large pockets around Vitebsk and Mogilev?

Rui
01-13-2009, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2009, 06:34 AM by Volcano Man.)
Rev Rico Wrote:
cavalry corps Wrote:Even if there were no VP locations on the map the casualties alone ( and as has been said I did quite well ) gave the Russians a major.
Michael

Yes. I'll refrain from trashing the entire game since I love all PzC, but needless to say, I'm very hesitant to play this CG again as the VP levels currently stand.

As I told Cavalry Corps, the victory levels in the _Alt campaign, if someone played that one, are a mistake and they have been fixed in the latest update. If someone has further suggestions on that then let me know at vmods.com forum. Still, in his case, the Russians got a major victory but it was only by 2000 points and not 20,000 points. Eek
Send this user an email
01-13-2009, 07:37 AM,
I think if you cause 150,000 more losses on your enemy than you take in a battle then it's a victory no matter what the victory conditions say! :)
I do think it is very difficult to do well as the Germans in this CG, the Russian's just have some much force and the map is so huge. Just having some sort of Army on the map and holding Minsk might be considered a German victory.