The New Year's Eve challenge
01-02-2009, 03:56 AM,
RE: The New Year's Eve challenge
got them i'm on it

Walkure
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2009, 07:07 AM,
I read the parameters and my understanding of the mirrored battle is as follows:

Equal forces.

Two games; one as Axis /one as Allies.

Random map each game.

If that is all true than I accept the CMAK challenge.

I am curious as too what my actual skill level is. I think this site has some of the best players in the world. Understand, that I would bet that I am going to lose, however, if I learn tactics that improves my play technically I have won – sort of.

Either way it will be fun.

Cobalt
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM,
I'll try the Anzio one. But do you realize it is recommended played brits vs AI? Which side were you wishing to play? I'll take either but it sounds like it maybe set up with a favor to germans. Just so you know...
01-02-2009, 09:58 AM,
bluehand Wrote:I'll try the Anzio one. But do you realize it is recommended played brits vs AI? Which side were you wishing to play? I'll take either but it sounds like it maybe set up with a favor to germans. Just so you know...
I just picked a random scenario,i didn't read the briefings to see if it's balanced for h2h or not :) Making sure every battle is properly balanced spoils the fun,if you ask me ;) Well,i picked the scenario,so please go ahead and pick the side.My email is [email protected]
Send this user an email
01-02-2009, 10:03 AM,
Cobalt Wrote:I read the parameters and my understanding of the mirrored battle is as follows:

Equal forces.

Two games; one as Axis /one as Allies.

Random map each game.

If that is all true than I accept the CMAK challenge.

I am curious as too what my actual skill level is. I think this site has some of the best players in the world. Understand, that I would bet that I am going to lose, however, if I learn tactics that improves my play technically I have won – sort of.

Either way it will be fun.

Cobalt

Thanks for your interest.Yes,your understanding of 'mirrored' games is correct.However,do you mind if we play one of the two remaining 'options' (3 or 5).Walkure has just filled the position for the Cmak QB,so naturally i'd preffer not to start another battle with the same parameters ;)
How about the H2h game[5]?Since it's not a ladder game,it might somehow ease the pressure? cheers
Send this user an email
01-02-2009, 11:47 AM,
Raz that would be fine. I will wait for your email. Thank you.
01-02-2009, 12:03 PM,
I looked at the scenario. It appears to be a challenging fun battle for both sides. Which side are you playing and who goes first?

Cobalt
01-02-2009, 12:37 PM,
The common etiquette says that if a player picks a scenario the other one chooses the side.So please,pick the side you wish to play with,and send me the setup.
Raz.
Send this user an email
01-02-2009, 02:56 PM,
Raz I am looking for a fun game. My side will be Germans because I am more familiar with their weapons. I have looked at the scenario and realize it is in a test mode but…

It seems to me the Russians are at an extreme disadvantage because of the turn limit. More specifically, the Russians infantry that start in the woods take 20+ turns to get to the German flags if they run. That is only true if no one is firing at them. I intend to fire on them, which may slow them down. Given that the scenario is 30 turns and you would need over 20 turns to get your infantry (exhausted) to the battle area gives me a huge advantage.

If I were playing the Russians it would take me 20 –25 turns just to get the infantry screening force into place before I moved the armored force so 50 turns would be better for you.

Since we are testing this scenario I suggest we take the turn limit to 60 and determine exactly what the turn limit should be. You might be able to get a Major Victory in 30 turns, if so then 30 turns may be correct. I will leave the decision up to you.
01-03-2009, 02:39 AM,
You could be right ;) Still,the purpose of the H2H area is to playtest scenarios as they are.And,of course,help designers balance their scenario with our advices :) Please,go ahead,and setup the scenario as it is.Who cares about winning or losing,as long as we both have fun :) Right? cheers
Send this user an email