• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another Problom
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM,
RE: Another Problom
Ok, and you are trying to install an XP version on top of a Vista version which is won't let you do. I would try my second suggestion just for giggles (as long as you are comfortable with computers. If not then don't do it). Try starting in safe mode with dos command prompt, go to the system 32 folder and rename the DLL file some like DLL ORIG, then reboot (hope your video works) and try installing the program again.

Have you tried running the program in XP mode? Don't think that will work, but worth a try. Put the vbr432 into a folder and then put a shortcut on your desktop and make it XP compatible, then try running the short cut. Probably won't work, but ya just never know.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2009, 08:29 AM,
what DLL File? vista version?
01-06-2009, 12:06 PM,
Dude,

The Talonsoft version will NOT work with Vista.

Go to Matrix games & buy the John Tiller's Campaign Series. JTCS will work with Vista. You can play the Talonsoft scenarios & the new scenarios.

Good luck on your quest.

Something tells me it is not over, but I am looking forward to more posts.
01-06-2009, 01:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM by PanzerIV.)
ok, this is exactly wat mine looks like except its not the gold edition, so would you explain to me why i can still play west front on vista? please cause I dotn understand how it does'nt work yet I just got done with a battle.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/...280_.L.jpg
01-06-2009, 02:19 PM,
I'm not sure what your doing, all I read is that you got your friends computer to play the game. Does he HAVE windows 98 or MAYBE XP. I just like everybody else here, when you buy a new vista ready computer have got too up-grade your game along with vista ready computer. Thats why I will go down kicking and screaming when my old XP computer goes, VISTA really sucks. I do hope this thread gets better ???
Chuck
01-06-2009, 11:48 PM,
Vista is awesome, you just ahve to know how to use it, to me its the best one out there. as I already said I downloaded the Ptahc from this websie for the game.
01-07-2009, 02:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2009, 02:43 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
I would recommend to all Blitz members that I know and know me to avoid this thread as it is pointless and not productive.

Me thinks a troll is about. Best not to feed it.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-07-2009, 04:01 AM,
Talonsoft CS does run on Vista, but I think there was a problem with hard targets, making it unplayable. It was mentioned here on the Blitz when Vista just came on the market, but I'm too lazy to search for the thread.
01-07-2009, 05:18 AM,
Alf de Palf...I remember that. What it meant in real terms was that Talonsoft CS is no use with Vista. Big Dawg gave the right advice....buy JTCF from Matrix.

Mind you, he's a shareholder!!!