• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another Problom
12-30-2008, 03:39 AM,
Another Problom
when I try to install the VBR432 I get this...

[Image: ERROR-1.png]

When I go into that directory I dont see a anything called CTL3D32.DLL, and I have no Idea what application it could possibly go to, so I don't know how to shut it off.
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2008, 01:52 PM,
RE: Another Problom
anyone?
12-31-2008, 02:52 AM,
Don't shut it off. I don't know why you're getting the error, but it's a windows process. You were probably running something at the time, maybe it the background, or an application that had been running shut down improperly and left the process running. This place will tell you what it is if you're curious, but I merely googled it, so I wouldn't recommend clicking on any of the links for downloads as it might not be safe, virus check if you do:

http://www.bang.ro/dll/ctl3d32.dll.htm
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-31-2008, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2008, 05:16 AM by PanzerIV.)
well I get this error everytime I try to do it. and even when I open up the Task manager ther are no Apps listed
12-31-2008, 05:34 AM,
It sounds like it's trying to overwrite that file with a new one. Try rebooting and installing. If that doesn't work try rebooting into safe mode and then installing.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM,
ok thanks ill try that.
01-01-2009, 06:36 AM,
well I rebooted it in safe mode, but I cant do anything in Safe Mode, it just has a black screen with Safe Mode on all four corners so....
01-01-2009, 08:29 AM,
Try starting in VGA mode....

Panzer VI(Not to be confused with PanzerIV)
01-02-2009, 03:39 AM,
ya lol, VGA Mode? Im on Vista just so there is no Confusion.
01-02-2009, 04:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2009, 04:24 AM by Scud.)
If you can't boot into safe mode you have a problem. If you can boot into safe mode with VGA then the problem logically points to your video card. Try setting it to a lower resolution and booting into safe mode again. Also, try installing the latest driver for your card. If you still get the black screen you're going to need some "expert" help to troubleshoot. It could be a driver problem, hardware problem, software conflict, etc. and going back and forth in a forum, especially this one, is rough.

First, however, I would recommend making sure your virus defs are up to date and then scanning for viruses/trojans. Make sure your spyware defs are up to date and then scan for spyware. If you're not using these programs and updating their defs, my suspicions turn to malware. Decent free programs are available for anti-virus and anti-spyware. Let me know if you need recommendations. Even the nonfree apps, like Macaffee and Symantec have free scanning software on their sites.
Send this user an email