• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another Problom
01-02-2009, 06:21 AM,
RE: Another Problom
PanzerIV Wrote:ya lol, VGA Mode? Im on Vista just so there is no Confusion.

Well I think I can solve your problem for you.

You stated here:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=49478

That you have the Talonsoft version of WF.

The Talsonsoft versions of campaign series do not and cannot run on Vista.

What you are trying to do cannot be done.

Problem solved.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2009, 09:12 AM,
oh really??? how si it that I have played numerous battles then? and if you looked this has nothing to do with the game running, it is about the Units Creator.
01-04-2009, 02:52 PM,
PanzerIV Wrote:oh really??? how si it that I have played numerous battles then? and if you looked this has nothing to do with the game running, it is about the Units Creator.

Well then you are a computer genious because you are the only person that I or anyone at the Blitz knows of that has been able to get the Talonsoft version of CS to run on Vista (try running a search of topics regarding Vista and Talonsoft CS).

So congratulations. Surely someone so gifted as you (being able to get software that can't run on Vista to run on Vista) can figure out how to modify the unit editor for his own purposes.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-05-2009, 03:22 AM,
I am looking for someone to cut my grass for free.

Any takers?
01-05-2009, 03:46 AM,
Big Dawg Wrote:I am looking for someone to cut my grass for free.

Any takers?

With all the royalties you must be raking in, surely you jest!

Thanx!

Hawk
01-05-2009, 04:04 AM,
Big Dawg Wrote:I am looking for someone to cut my grass for free.

Any takers?

How big a lawn do you have?
Be careful you are highjacking a serious thread here. :smoke:

cheers

RR
01-05-2009, 06:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2009, 06:23 AM by Weasel.)
From "process library" website:

"ctl3d32.dll is a module containing 3D effects for common GUI components used by Windows applications. ctl3d32.dll should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly."

From googling the DLL it seems that an incorrect version can be installed upon the correct one (ie Vista DLL replaced by an XP dll) so ensure you are using the vista version. The file sits in your system32 folder.

I would tell it to ignore the file it is trying to install since it is probably an old file. If the game still won't run anymore, try renaming the file (you may have to go into safe mode - command prompt and use DOS to rename it) and then installing the one above in your post. But all in all I would say ignore it and hope it runs.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-05-2009, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2009, 07:58 AM by PanzerIV.)
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
PanzerIV Wrote:oh really??? how si it that I have played numerous battles then? and if you looked this has nothing to do with the game running, it is about the Units Creator.

Well then you are a computer genious because you are the only person that I or anyone at the Blitz knows of that has been able to get the Talonsoft version of CS to run on Vista (try running a search of topics regarding Vista and Talonsoft CS).

So congratulations. Surely someone so gifted as you (being able to get software that can't run on Vista to run on Vista) can figure out how to modify the unit editor for his own purposes.

Thanx!

Hawk

be aware I am only talking about West Front part of the CS, all I did was downloaded the Patch from here, set all the exe files to run in compat mode for windows 98, disabled desktop composition, and set it for administrator use. I got it working on ym friends comp to. so how could it not work on vista?

and Weasel it has nothing to do with The game running the game runs fine (West Front), I am begining to becoem confused, what File? when I unzip the unit editor and do all the things the how to thing telle me to I try to install VBR432 i get an error.
01-05-2009, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM by Weasel.)
The error is because VBR432 is trying to overwrite the DLL file which is system protected. The VBR432 is probably developed for XP and if you over write it your video may not work anymore as it is Vista. That is why I suggested what I did; try to see if you can tell the program to ignore the error (not install the file). If not, then try the DOS edit as I suggested.

All of these suggestions is if I understand what you are saying. You are trying to install VBR432 but get an error saying that the CTL3D32.DLL is in use and thus the program cannot continue to install. You have the choice, cancel the install or ignore the error, correct?
01-05-2009, 12:28 PM,
correct, when I click Ignore it does the same thing as if i where to press cancel.