• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

K42: Manstein Strikes Back: Updated
01-27-2009, 06:57 PM,
RE: K42: Manstein Strikes Back: Updated
I just re-copied everything in the folder you mentioned and that solved the problem. Thank you. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2009, 07:50 PM,
The interest in this game must have caught on at HPS by now ??

Michael
02-23-2009, 01:03 AM,
I really like this scenario. There are so many different fronts you don't know where to start! The initial set up is great, lots of decisions and challenges for both sides.
I took the axis against the AI as recommended. The first 20-30 turns were tough. If the AI had pressed in a few area it might have stayed tough but it's the AI so it kind of died out. I could definately see how a human Russin would have really been able to press the Germans for much longer requiring the German reinforcemnts to mass for counterattack.
I do think that the victory condition make it extremely difficult for the Germans to get any sort of win against a human. Getting -7000vp will be very hard against a human. This is not to say the Russians have it any easier what with all the German bunkers but they do have a chance at victory. I could see this one ending in a draw most of the time. I don't know if that is the intention.
I continued my game to see if I could get a German major victory. I'm about turn 140, there is 1 Russian division on the map and handful of other units, mabe 10, the loss ratio is horrendous and I'm still about 300 points short of major victory. I think the victory levels might need a little adjustment just to give the German player a shot at some sort of victory.