• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Public Apology & More
11-09-2008, 02:46 AM,
RE: Public Apology & More
[quote=

Randy was not the Dread Pirate Roberts, he inherited that title from ASDN who inherited it from me. The man I inherited it from is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts either. His name was Cummerbund. The real Roberts has been retired 15 years and living like a king in Patagonia.

umbro
[/quote]

Actually I am the dread pirate Roberts and I retired from the sea about 5 years ago :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
11-09-2008, 03:45 AM,
Umbro, give it up. You are never going to reach these guys, and you will never get the last word. Onward and upward ... either here or somewhere else.
11-09-2008, 09:44 AM,
For the record, the demise of the Blitz has been forecast more times than I can count in the 9 years I've been here. I've long since learned to accept that what will be, will be, one way or another, and for good or for ill. So don't sweat the small stuff, and it's ALL small stuff. Big Grin

As for Randy's resignation, I am not happy to hear it, but nor will I claim it to be the sign of the end of times. We have survived changes in ownership, owners being absent for long periods of time, changes in webmasters, and changes in staffing too numerous to mention. We shall survive this change as well. Will the Blitz be a better place without Randy on it's staff, I suspect everyone will have a different opinion on that subject. For me, I shall miss him. He was the loyalest of friends and best of comrades. He is far from perfect, be he put up with my imperfections too.

I will be out of town for a few days on a well deserved mini-vacation with my wife. When I return I shall address what changes in staffing need to be made to accommodate any wholes we have, same as we would any other departure. In the mean time I would consider it a personal favor if any discussion about Randy's departure not turn into a re-hash of past grievances. Whatever those issues may have been, they're in the past and it's not going to benefit anyone, or the Club, debating them again. He made a mistake, apologized for it, and also decided it was time for him to make a change. I would ask that we respect his actions and not question them.

Good gaming;

Paul
11-09-2008, 09:52 AM,
Paul,
I think every one who's going to say something has already posted here so let's draw a line under it and close the thread.