• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Public Apology & More
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM,
Public Apology & More
I wish to apologize to Mr Roadrunner for violating the trust of privacy he understood that was to be given when reporting posts by posing a picture of his reporting my posts and labeling his actions humorous.

Having stepped back and reiterated my actions, I sense that I was becoming the very type of asshole I have endeavored to prevent from fostering here in this club in my several years of volunteering my time as a Blitz staff member.

Passion flows both ways here in the feuding between some members and myself and I feel that I have become your worst enemy instead of your go to man for resolving and fixing issues here at the club.
My desire to keep this club free of attention seeking braggadocios, cheaters and just plain unruly personae has been the driving force behind my endless hours here. Sadly, that drive is becoming a burden and the inexplicable turning of my own once reputable and trustworthy image into a dark and gloomy shadow of unworthiness has occurred within.

It will be in the best interest of the club, that I submit my resignation as a staff member and pass the torch to someone worthy of the title Command Sgt Major.
I no long feel I am worthy of representing you, the members, or this Club in any unbiased and unpersonalized mannerisms at this point.

It's been a long 9 years, I am grateful for and thank everyone of you that have made it a pleasure to be here and so endured the many rights and wrongs of my tenure with grace and forgiveness.
I only ask of it 1 last time today.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-07-2008, 11:09 AM,
RE: Public Apology & More
No need to be hasty Randy, stick around :)
Send this user an email
11-07-2008, 01:12 PM,
Cheers to you Randy for stepping up, accepting responsibility for this action and apologizing.

You did what you said you were going to do.

Thanx!

Hawk
11-07-2008, 09:54 PM,
Nice. Shouldn't worry about it. We should think of ourselves as a small unit or family. Sometimes there will be fights and disagreements. Sometimes the boys just need to fight it out. Fight it out and eventually you are back to gaming with the same guy that you were toe to toe with before.
11-08-2008, 01:54 AM,
Hey Randy I've just put up this 10-question picture quiz at FGM, drop in and give it a shot..;)

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368
11-08-2008, 02:39 AM,
Hey Dev,
Apology is enough..........no need to rush off.

I figure a hundred years from now none of this will seem too important :-)

Earl
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
11-08-2008, 04:17 AM,
RD:
I would say that you have the same rights to voice your opinion as everyone else so being a Moderator shouldn't strip you of that right. Things get said... apologies are handed out in an honest manner... end of story.

This Club just wouldn't be the same if "old timers" like you and the others who were in that discussion walked and pulled out of this Club. If apologies are accepted great but don't leave... just my thoughts... for what their worth.
Good Hunting,
Reddog
11-08-2008, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 08:15 AM by Mad Russian.)
RedDevil Wrote:Having stepped back and reiterated my actions, I sense that I was becoming the very type of asshole I have endeavored to prevent from fostering here in this club in my several years of volunteering my time as a Blitz staff member.

That has been pointed out to you numerous times. To the point of bringing a petition to the site to have your actions reviewed by the staff and to make a decision as to your modding of the CM forums.

Quote:Passion flows both ways here in the feuding between some members and myself and I feel that I have become your worst enemy instead of your go to man for resolving and fixing issues here at the club.
My desire to keep this club free of attention seeking braggadocios, cheaters and just plain unruly personae has been the driving force behind my endless hours here. Sadly, that drive is becoming a burden and the inexplicable turning of my own once reputable and trustworthy image into a dark and gloomy shadow of unworthiness has occurred within.

That's true. If it's not important people don't get passionate about it. There is nothing more valuable than free time. No matter whose it is. The officers of this site often point out how much free time they invest in this site but I don't ever see mentioned the free time that others put in. Without the members threads/postings/registering ladder games etc. the 6 or so officers here would have alot less to do.

Passion hasn't really been the problem from what I've seen. At times it goes way out beyond passionate.

Quote:It will be in the best interest of the club, that I submit my resignation as a staff member and pass the torch to someone worthy of the title Command Sgt Major.

As a staff member? Or just as a Super Moderator and Sergeant Major?

It's my understanding that some of the things you do behind the scenes are very beneficial to the club as a whole. Is there a conflict with your continuing to provide behind the scenes support?

Quote:I no long feel I am worthy of representing you, the members, or this Club in any unbiased and unpersonalized mannerisms at this point.

You haven't been unbiased since our very first email almost 2 years ago. You've had it pointed out to you dozens of times,, that you were way over the line where the club rules for the "average" member was. It was your choice alone to continue on your campaign to rid any, and all, members that questioned anything you do/did.

You have damaged the community as a whole with your campaign to rid the Blitz of anything YOU decided was not the way YOU wanted it.

Actually, I don't think you are all that much to blame, and have a great deal of credit coming to you to come forward, and offer to fix the problem. There are other staff officers here that should have reined in the type of comments, and posts, you were making long before the past 3 months. That of course is just my own opinion.

You were doing it, but you were allowed to do it, and often times supported in doing it by other staff officers, when brought to task about it, as well.

The problem long ago was identified as certain personalities in the CM forums. So you started a campaign to rid the Blitz of them. Then, when they were gone, you went after anybody that criticized you on another site. You got rid of them too. After that hunt was over, you came back briefly to defend POS for his cheating in a team game, which in very interesting, since you are the champion of those subjected to cheating here on the Bltiz by your own declaration.

Now we find that you are in the CS forums doing the same thing.

See a pattern here Randy? YOU attacking, and then banning members who have the audacity to disagree with YOU. Then when called on the carpet about it, doing an apology and offering your resignation. What's this make, the 4th time for that particular maneuver? Do the right thing and stop moderating the forums.

The common denominator as you have correctly identified is YOU.

The correct solution, as you have correctly identified is YOU.

The person the solution had to come from is YOU.

It takes a very big person to admit their mistakes. Kudo's to you for that. However, I don't think the Blitz needs to have you disappear. I hear you are/were a great CM player. Maybe working for the club behind the scenes and working to repair the ladder damage done would be feasible? Although, for those that were banned, I understand their records are gone forever. Another reason to not spend time putting a ladder record together IMO, but hey, you guys like it so knock yourselves out. Another genuine apology owed there as well.

Quote:It's been a long 9 years, I am grateful for and thank everyone of you that have made it a pleasure to be here and so endured the many rights and wrongs of my tenure with grace and forgiveness.
I only ask of it 1 last time today.

I haven't known you for 9 years. Just about 2. For most of those we were at odds. You had your opinion and I had mine. We still have those same opinions for the most part. I don't agree with the way you handle people and situations. HOWEVER, that doesn't take away from the technical expertise you support the Blitz with.

I hope that you will stay in a much reduces Mod position and a much needed support position.

Here's to the next 9 years.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-08-2008, 06:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 06:07 AM by Mad Russian.)
Reddog Wrote:This Club just wouldn't be the same if "old timers" like you and the others who were in that discussion walked and pulled out of this Club. If apologies are accepted great but don't leave... just my thoughts... for what their worth.

I agree. We are already missing "dozens" of oldtimers that have either been "asked" to leave or left voluntarily.

Time to put a stop to all the exiting. Time for some positive actions coming from the Blitz.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-08-2008, 07:21 AM,
Yeah im with Earl on this one Randy saying your wrong and sorry should be enough. Dont leave or step down.I think you would be sadly missed mate.Crap we all say things in the heat of battle(discussion)which we might regret later but you've been man enough to admit fault so stuff it carry on with your task at the blitz.